Retrobike inspired Ti Hardtail project

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hello,

I ride retro because I always kept and rode my trusty 92 Mongoose featured here earlier. Then I found this site and a retrobike inspired project was inevitable. I had some nice old skool goodies tucked away myself but got on the slippery slope that is the for sale section :roll:. I have posted my Ti hardtail frame in the Kit section earlier and some sneak previews but here is the finished article. Not a purist retro build, I could opt for period correct RC30s, but as it is this is a blast to ride, can't wait to take it off-road properly. So, let's have some pictures please:

TiTaTov2_001s.JPG

TiTaTov2_013s.JPG

I toyed with an idea for a colourful or even rasta like build with nice gold and red anodised bits. But a black and silver build in the end just grew on me. Pictures of the beautiful Hei Hei in botm helping me across the line.

Drivetrain: trusty 8s XT owned and ridden by myself since 1992-3? plus some Aye Caramba!! Double Barrels
re-issue Porcs, NOS XTR 8s cassette and modern Mallet pedals, yes I will be riding it
TiTaTov_04s.JPG

Brake cluster: Onza HOLA's have been with me from new since 1997? and a nice front mech cable routing detail.
TiTaTov_09s.JPG

Cockpit: Thomson, Syncros riser, X-rays and Avid levers from this board, original 93ish grip shift squishies, very comfy.
TiTaTov2_004s.JPG

It's finishing touches still, thinking about decals for instance. But I think this will remain a work in progress like my other bikes.
Well a big thanks to all of you for the inspiration, next up will be a ride report.

Enjoy!!

Thanks guys, warm words from far away places

And it really has been an inspiration to hang out here,
Retrobike has also influenced my latest modern build.

Cheers to that!

Back