Recommend me a new helmet

Stoddys

Old School Hero
So on my ride to day I stopped to take a quick flying lesson, ending up landing on my head.
I've been using a Specialized sub 6 yea old I know but so am I.
So any way I need some advice from you folks.
I ride cross country and mild down hill in cyprus so it hot too. I can't warrant anything expensive as I have just got a new, to me, bike.
So 100 or less.

Thanks Stoddy :D

Was thinking of a more tradishonal looking type.
Not sure how cool they would be in 40 degree heat? :?

Picked up a Giro Hex for 40 quid from ChainReactionCycles last week to replace my lid that dropped to bits recently.

It's all down to the individual. I've struggled for years to get a comfy one and spent years trying different types. Then I got an Urge Enduromatic, comfy as hell and quite cool looking to boot. Until I went on a ride on a warm day, sweated like you wouldn't believer.

Now I've got a Garneau one from Evans. Genuinely comfy, lightweight and looks OK.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/lou ... t-ec027623

However I'd never buy one without trying it on.

i would say as the others ...and try before you spend your cash ;) ive got a Met veleno D at the mo and very pleased with it :D
very good on the warmer days ... not that we have had many of those for a while :(

Mick :D

I agree with Teenage Self - fit's the most important thing with a helmet, and Specialized do (or at least did) have a different shape to most others. Any good dealers where you could try? If i remember right, the Sub 6 was minimal styling with no peak. If you like that kind of thing, maybe look at a roadie helmet ~ they also tend to have massive vents which will work better in extreme heat. Glad to hear you survived the accident intact, and count your blessings that you like in such a lovely sunny place instead of the cold grey dull UK. :cool:

Latest posts

Back