Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first things first, I am not anti american, if I were I would not deal with the states or employ yanks or have a wish to go there. I am anti american foreign policy.
The car/gun arguement has been put forward by the people that use it to justify them owning guns they don't need. These are the idiots not the members of retrobike that were being referred to as you well know, I just get the feeling you're being a little pedantic, as you are with the 'I thought you lived in India bit' I have not lived in the US and have no direct experience of being exposed to the gun culutre that is prevalent there. Is that better ?
The 48hr wait ? This is no guarantee that pyschopaths will not gain access to guns was the point I was trying to get across. The guy who, lets face it didn't seem to be the most stable person on the planet would almost certainly have given the go ahead to buy an assault rifle because the controls that are in place do not seem particularly stringent.

Let me ask you a basic question Sylus. Do you think that auto and semi auto assault rifles and high capacity magazines should be banned in the US ? A simple yes or no will suffice.

B77, you need to get glasses, I guess, I never said what you quoted me as saying-that was Lumos 2000----You said-
FairfaxPat wrote
"The law worked in the USA as he couldn't buy a gun. So took his mothers" Also, full auto guns are illegal here-I guess you didn't know that either, per your above statement.

Ok...

Pat and Sylus, as citizens of the US, do you think that auto and semi-auto assault rifles and high capacity magazines should be banned in the US ? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Ok... Let's try again.....

Pat and Sylus, as citizens of the US, do you think that semi-auto assault rifles and high capacity magazines should be banned in the US ? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Well B77y, you really are a hair splitter-it's obvious you haven't got a handle on exactly What the laws are over here-Why don't you look them up, State by State, and get back to us when you are more informed...

FairfaxPat":3fzbh5et said:
Assault weapons are already banned here in California-I guess you didn't know that either, B77?

:LOL: this is rather like the 48 hour in which you have time to calm down to get correct info

B77.. I'm quite happy to offer my opinion to your question it will be as simple as I can make it but please be aware it is just my opinion

I personally even though I am currently legally allowed too, would not buy a semi auto rifle with a large capacity magazine. I would buy a semi auto of some kind were it legal to do so if it had a restricted magazine capacity of say 9/10 rounds , in line with most handguns. I think we need also to remind ourselves a .22 bullet will kill in the right hands however just as easily as a semi auto

you also have to know the differences within a semi auto, it doesn't need to be an assault rifle to have a semi auto function.. most handguns are semi's

so the weapons themselves should not be the issue but the magazines that hold say 30 shot and I would be in favour of an immediate ban of high capacity magazines

I'd like also after that ban of high capacity magazines, for those law makers to find the real reason for these shootings if we can keep one of these mad young men alive..blaming the gun is an easy out however the fact it is on the increase needs to be examined if we are to make any real steps forward that might help lawmakers agree on a way forward to reduce the risk

simply banning assault rifles will not stop these events, they will just carry more 9 and 10 capacity guns because as I said..someone that determined will always find a way

I hope that clarifies my own personal position b77?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back