Bringing a Pre-War frame into the 20th century.

Painted today and started working on the headbadge.
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Project1.png

petitpal":r3fh5oyd said:
That's looking the mutts nutts now mate, the colour really suits it. :) Bet you're well chuffed!
For sure. I am going for a road warrior look. I was inspired by the movie Blade. He drove a early 70's Dodge Charger with a matte black paint that I found really appealing. It seemed fitting for this frame because it is kind of rough. It didn't make sense to try to make it pretty. I want it mean and ugly. The first time I swing a leg over it will be a happy day for sure.

sandmangts":2ptgiu49 said:
petitpal":2ptgiu49 said:
That's looking the mutts nutts now mate, the colour really suits it. :) Bet you're well chuffed!
For sure. I am going for a road warrior look. I was inspired by the movie Blade. He drove a early 70's Dodge Charger with a matte black paint that I found really appealing. It seemed fitting for this frame because it is kind of rough. It didn't make sense to try to make it pretty. I want it mean and ugly. The first time I swing a leg over it will be a happy day for sure.

It works really well imo because a lot of the pre-war frames that I've seen tend to be painted gloss black, so it feels right. But the matt gives it the edgy modern feel - i.e. spot on :cool:

It would look good with some pinstriping - maybe Matt white or grey rockabilly style, think 50's street rod...

Or some ghosted look white flames....

Or a light blow over in white or clear gloss through some lace to give a slight pattern to the finish...

You've have done an amazing job so far and i really wish my own tools would hang on my wall as tidy and in order as yours. :cool:

Back