Cannondale CAAD2 Beast of the East

Above is my Beast '97 with magura rim brakes and the missis '12 trail sl4
both being used as they shouldand still gettin dirty

dancingjack,

Has the Beast had a respray as it is looking in superb condition :?:

Also the "Beast of the East" sticker on the top tube, is that where it originally was or have you placed it there :?: (Mine has M800 written there and only "Beast of the East" on the chain stays)

Hey Whyterider,

The bike is original and has never received a respray. It's 100% original. Perhaps, yours is a CAAD 1 and this is a CAAD 2? I'm not 200% sure, just taking a rough guess...

Merry Christmas BTW!

whyterider":11ipbmpt said:
dancingjack,

Has the Beast had a respray as it is looking in superb condition :?:

Also the "Beast of the East" sticker on the top tube, is that where it originally was or have you placed it there :?: (Mine has M800 written there and only "Beast of the East" on the chain stays)

Beast

I love these frames, have had 3, but I always get frustrated with the instability of them, the high BB, (12.75 inches) designed for Trials use, spoils the XC ride quality and makes them tricky to handle in the wet.

Re: Beast

Wold Ranger":1h6bcr38 said:
I love these frames, have had 3, but I always get frustrated with the instability of them, the high BB, (12.75 inches) designed for Trials use, spoils the XC ride quality and makes them tricky to handle in the wet.

I've had it for slightly more than 10 years now. Bashed it for a good 3 years worth of off-roading and it served me really well. I had a hard time searching for another bike which is as responsive at this bike. I have to admit it gets tricky in the wets and getting the weight down on the rear to move uphills is a bit challenging. But that could be due to my choice of tyres. Afterall, the tropical rain here in Singapore gets rather heavy. But once it gets into technical trials, that's where it shines. :twisted:

What a minter :) I have the later CAAD3 version painted up as Martyn Ashton's Team Trials machine. Fast bikes aren't they? :D
Short stiff tubes don't make for all-day comfort though, I'd like to find a suitable steel companion for it one day.

Back