1996/7 Specialized Hardrock

Looks great but watch out for the paint on the headtube with the cable outer. Heli Tape should protect it but as it is see through will not be seen.

BTW, love the pink chain, what is it ?

Cheers guys, it's getting somewhere.

Pickle: The forks are carbon forks made by saso. They weigh in at 805g and are made in Taiwan. These exact forks are re-branded as White Brothers forks in the USA.

icantthinkofausername: Ah thanks for the advice. I know exactly what you're talking about, will do! The red chain is a KMC BMX chain although I've just recently stripped the bike of all red bits for a more stealthy, even cleaner look.

Tallpaul: Well spotted :) Robot on right is the SD-F1 from Macross (http://www.midnightanimation.com/galler ... /sdf1.html) very damn rare of-course. Had it since I was a little kid. Same too the guy in the middle, he's Voltes V (http://www.kidultgarden.com/template/p0 ... x32_03.jpg) and he's all metal.

Justin Fox":3o6gifqu said:
Tallpaul: Well spotted :) Robot on right is the SD-F1 from Macross (http://www.midnightanimation.com/galler ... /sdf1.html) very damn rare of-course. Had it since I was a little kid. Same too the guy in the middle, he's Voltes V (http://www.kidultgarden.com/template/p0 ... x32_03.jpg) and he's all metal.

Voltes V is a bit beyond me, but the Robotech cartoon was awesome. Used to watch it as a kid in the school holidays :)

Was Jetfire in Transformes a rip-off of Veritech from Robotech? As a kid i thought they were the same :) I had Jetfire, no idea where he is now though :cry:

I love the way you were building a play bike/dirt jumper and then got carried away with with the various bike sites on the web (no?) and constructed a stealth weight weany instead.

Its as tastefull as your interior design! *Asks missus can we have skateboards on the wall* - *Missus sez no :cry: *

letmetalktomark":3a9fowdl said:
Welcome!

I like it :D

Not conventional by any means (which isn't a bad thing ;) )

Photos when finished! :D :D

Mark

I said this at the start but wow :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Showed other half and she loved it! Ace! :D :D :D

Little update. I'm trying out some On-One Mary bars, and loving them. Unfortunately I cut my front brake line too short, so I'm going without a front brake at the moment, been a week now and I'm quite surprised at the amount of braking power I have just from the rear (I thought it would have been horrible). I'm pretty sure the front brake will make it's way back though at some point. Still waiting on a KCNC seatpost + Chris King heaset, then I'm done!

2423795549_7ca1495f86_o.jpg

And a little bit of cash too! Here's the list as the bike is at the moment:

1997 Specialized Hardrock GX
------------------------------------------
Brake Lever: Shimano XTR lever (83g) $54.50
Brake: Avid BB7 (367g) $50
--A2Z disc brake convertor (100g) $28
Cables: XTR/Alligator(50g) $30
Cassette: Fire Eye single speed spacers (60g) $50
--Chris King 16 Tooth Cog, Stainless Steel (32g) $45.35
Chain: KMC Z410 Chain (287g) $6
Crankset: Shimano Hone Crankset/bb (802g) $146
Fork: SASO carbon fork (815g) $173
Frame: Specialized Hardrock GX Chro-mo (2600g)
Grips: Ritchey 2008 WCS Grips (39g) $16
-- Ritchey 2008 WCS bar end plugs (6g)
Handlebar: On-one Mary (313g) $60
Headset: FSA Pig DH-Pro Headset 1-1/8 (205g) $32.95
Headset Spacer: Amoeba carbon spacers (10g) $6
Pedals: VP 196 pedals (280g) $28.30
Quick Releases: Sette Skewers (111g) $10
Seat Binder: Tranz X seatpost bolt (14g) $12.90
Seat: Selle Italia SLR Flite Kit Carbonio (169g) $100
Seatpost: FSA SL-K carbon seatpost (227g) $41
--Seatpost shim (12g) $8.50
Stem: Syntace Stem (98g) $42.80
Tyre: Maxlite 310 (311g x 2) $99
Tubes: Maxxis flyweight x 2 (93g/tube) $18.80
Wheelset: FSA XC-300 SL (1872g) $300
-----------------------------------------
Total Cost: $1359.10
Total Weight: 9.36kg

All in Australian Dollars, no shipping fees included. I definitely went over my initial $500 budget! :(

Back