And today I did......

I've got a Goretex bivi bag that I bought years ago. Have bivied with it a few times mostly when I've also had climbing gear in my 'sac so no room for tent. Bivied once in pishing rain at Carnmore after rock-climbing, stayed dry but it's not feasible to do it any length of time in rain without a tarp.
Another time my wife and I MTBd in to do Ben An, bivied under a very large boulder, hard man me said "I'll not need a sleeping bag". :oops: Just used a fleece bag liner inside bivi bag, even with all my spare clothes on, including my fleece and waterproof, I was feckin cold. Stupit basturt.

Nice little video that Gazz.

Basically what OCP says is spot on.

It doesn't add much extra taking a tarp and some cord and a few bungys and tent pegs. Then if the weather is set fair then sleep without it, but if it rains you have extra shelter. There is an extra little bit of joy at really sleeping out. Of course, prolonged shit weather would be miserable, but it is miserable in a tent too.

You pays your money......

At last i have a proper bike :) , went down to Otterburn earlier to collect this :cool:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=233066

Condition is ok, pretty much what i expected (restoration projects usually go for £150-£200), going to give it a good service, new red line tyres, cables, brake blocks, re-grease hubs, headset etc.

Gave it a quick blast up the street, memories came flodding back, felt just as dangerous as the one i had in 82 :LOL:

Now you just have to do the standard 4 people on it routine. Nae luck if you were the one on the crossbar though.

clockworkgazz":15fna0oz said:
was a strika and then grifter man myself Jimi- but good score just the same- you should take it to the bings ;)

Are you kidding man ?, nearly killed myself at the Bings on the Klunker, would definitely do myself in on a Chopper :LOL:

I had the exact same chopper, far too big for me. Rather comical to watch I'd imagine, hanging off the bars.

Back