Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly OT but when I listen to Emmylou Harris and I get the same emotional gut reaction as when listening to Kate Rusby, then I have a rather unfortunate habit of forgetting all about US/UK cultural differences.

Raging_Bulls":1erznhws said:
B77":1erznhws said:
7 people in 2 years out of a population of 270 million is a rare occurrence to me.......

Tell that to the family members of those 7. Those 7 people were probably unarmed. Their chances of survival would have been higher if they had a gun.

:twisted:

Then you tell to the families of the hundreds of gun victims that these 7 people are more important than their gunned down kin. ;)

Bram J":1nev1rp1 said:
Raging_Bulls":1nev1rp1 said:
B77":1nev1rp1 said:
7 people in 2 years out of a population of 270 million is a rare occurrence to me.......

Tell that to the family members of those 7. Those 7 people were probably unarmed. Their chances of survival would have been higher if they had a gun.

:twisted:

Then you tell to the families of the hundreds of gun victims that these 7 people are more important than their gunned down kin. ;)

They are all equal. No death is more or less.

FairfaxPat":j9b3bvr3 said:
10 people attacked and killed in 2 years is not a Rare occurrence...
I think the number is very small compared to the number of gun victims. Low enough to prohibit responsible people from carrying some sort of gun? IMO not. I think the USA would profit from more (and much more) gun control. Should everything be banned without decent consideration? Of course not. :) It's just that semi-automatics don't belong in the hands of mental cases. Or in the hands of anybody else for that matter.
That is of course just my opinion. The USA can do as it pleases.

Belgium: population circa 10 million, number of people killed by bears is 0, number of people killed by guns in 2010 is 68, 50 of which are suicides.
USA: population circa 313 million, number of people killed by bears since 2010 is 10, number of murders in 2011 is 8583 (no suicides included).

Belgium: 0 bear victims per 10 million 18 murders per 10 million
USA: 0,319 bear victims per 10 million 274,217 murders per 10 million

0,319-0 = 0,319
274,217-18 = 256,217

Which number is the most significant?
Considering this it becomes clear that the number of people possibly saved from bears by guns will never exceed the number of people murdered at the hand of guns. So what is the biggest problem, bears or guns? The numbers don't lie it seems to me.

Bram J":2tt8z81l said:
tintin40":2tt8z81l said:
They are all equal. No death is more or less.

But a hundred doesn't equal one.
20 dead children is not the same as one dead child.

One death is to many. if the man had shot 20 or 1 it does not matter. if a child,adult or OAP. A murder is a murder.

At least he killed him self and saved the courts giving the death sentence and him sitting on death row for ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back