Laptop advice

Checking few out in a shop is the best advice. But the HP you posted up there is a newer version of our now 5year old HP which we bought from Tesco extra and it has been bloody faultless. The only issues we are now seeing are a battery that needs to be permananty plugged in (they are cheap) and the hard drive is totally full to bursting with baby photos so needs freeing up with an external drive. Fairly standard. Thumbs up for HP from me.

Cheers Bren, good Christmas mate?

The HP has 1TB harddrive and I already have a 1TB external harddrive so should be ok for storage for a while. There's not really that many shops to choose between down here is there!

How's the Fisher coming along?

Protip: Dont buy an HP as they are POS, I type this message on an MSI GT660 [BIOS from an GT660R, so RAID is supported!] and its even fast with 20 Firefox windows open.

Wasmachineman NL":2kf1461m said:
Protip: Dont buy an HP as they are POS, I type this message on an MSI GT660 [BIOS from an GT660R, so RAID is supported!] and its even fast with 20 Firefox windows open.

Think you must've missed the bit about the £400 budget ;)

raidan73":2kddo7ue said:
Wasmachineman NL":2kddo7ue said:

Think you must've missed the bit about the £400 budget ;)
Bought mine for 600 euro's as it was a showroom model, I'd say ask your boss at work if they maybe have an regulation for buying a laptop via your work, I did it the same way.

Before we went over to mac, we had Asus laptops, never a days problem with build quality, I still have a little EEE 900 netbook with 160gb and windows xp which I use for downloading bits and pieces that's 5 years old and still going strong, the only problems with them was the operating systems, Vista and Windows 7. They have high spec for a reasonable price and you can specify which OS you want, winows xp or 8 or Linux

very disappointed by our HP laptop, battery had to be replaced under warranty (eventually) and after 3 years falling apart when only used at home..............work laptops all seem to have lasted better (variety of makes), we have to replace our desktop as well so having this debate, needs to run office so tablet out, but let us know where you get to on your decision.

well, to totally hijack this thread, I have a Toshiba Satellite c660 14x with Win7, 3gb ram (upgradable to 6gb), 320gb HDD, glossy screen, 64 bit, blah de blah...

£165 posted...

:p

Thanks LGF, seems like a good deal but I'm thinking that I may want to stick with a new one for warranty etc. Will have a think about it though

raidan73":2p4dasyv said:
Thanks LGF, seems like a good deal but I'm thinking that I may want to stick with a new one for warranty etc. Will have a think about it though

3 month warranty from me. I used to be a laptop 'engineer' me...

Back