why so little love for the super v

I love then but I've had a super V DH active from New ( I' 'll post some pics when on the desk top) The tyre no more difficult than any other comparable bike of the same age and ride very well and imp better than a lot of new bikes.

Purely me and I think I maybe wrong but it is my opinion.

it was the first real bike for me that cannondale did that looked like it could have been made in a mass produced factory along with something like ammaco

that and for that alone it never got my juices flowing

sylus":2pes27bg said:
Purely me and I think I maybe wrong but it is my opinion.

it was the first real bike for me that cannondale did that looked like it could have been made in a mass produced factory along with something like ammaco

that and for that alone it never got my juices flowing

if this was a bike being produced now.... possibly but when they started building the super v "mass produced bikes" were still just regular frames triangled frames..

and even now those "supermarket bikes" etc... dont have inch wide blended welds...

here's mine, no recent finished pictures but this one was during the build

599177_10151892048861490_1487605259_n.jpg

frame is a sv700 with a late model swingarm added to get the disc mounts, bearings were replaced at the same time and a modern but correct fitment rp23 shock fitted.

Build parts were all taken from the c'dale trail with the addition of some new marzocchi corsa sl forks, due to the modern suspension i think the bike rides as well as any modern sussler bike, the frame is laterally very stiff and the geometry with the 120mm fork and 80mm rear is spot on to modern standards.

Great bikes and imo massively undervalued atm due to some quirks with fitting modern stuff but these are easy to overcome.

This bike was built mainly for the wife so bits will be upgraded/replaced as requirement dictates.

have you gone for a 1.5 - 1 1/8 tapered setup ?
the introduction of the 1.5 system has made it so much easier for
headsets on cannondales that were build with the headshock headtube.

my only real dislike on the super v was the front mech being on the swingarm..

i have been thinking about trying an E-type front mech to see if i can get it to fit round the mail pivot.. the cable pull may be a problem.
will wait for a cheap mech on ebay..

presume its best to use a 72mm bottom bracket on these??

Nah i was fortunate as the donor 'trail came with forks with standard 1 1/8th steerer so it was a simple case of knocking the headset out of one frame and into the other. The new corsa forks are just 1 1/8th, the reduction is taken up in the bearing races.

I think cane creek also make a reducer headset for cannondale headtube down to standard forks.

Looks like most of Bikerfoxes Cannondale photos have vanished for some mysterious reason (ha ha...) but one or two remain:

435.jpg

The SuperV was my dream bike. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a Mk1 Raven BITD, ran it for about 18months. I later bought another one 2nd hand to relive the memories. It was always a 2nd bike though, the handling was old school and it was just a bike. No spark. But it looked fantastic, not enough to save it though and it was sold to make way for a modern hardtail.

Shadow by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Back