Arise Sir Bradley

tintin40":29rnmwmm said:
all this 'honors' is bullshit.

Yep!

Most people that get these 'gongs' are just doing their jobs and getting payed for it. Honours are shite in the most part... but if the country needs this kind of arse licking, then please give it to people that make a contribution to other peoples lives threw selfless acts of bravery or kindness to others.

Just riding a bike isn't enough in my opinion.

al.

ps Tracy bloody Emin CBE for ***** sake!! :roll:

This discussion again?

Arise, sir thunderthighs!

Surprisingly little condemnation of the honours system from above the border when Hoy was knighted though.

I'm guessing that members of the armed forces, the emergency services and those that work for charities should be overlooked too as they're also just 'doing their job and getting paid for it'?

Woo! another anarchistic take over on retrobike :yawn:

The only honours winner I know personally was awarded an MBE for services to charity after the best part 35 years running a small charity looking at improving life styles for people with disabilities and the elderly, within there own homes.

The awards are granted for achievement, an I was very proud of her when she was honoured. The big names will always attract the headlines and controversy but there are many "ordinary" people recognised per year for there devotion to good causes.

Congratulations to mr wiggins, you have become a sporting hero and inspiration in the eyes of many this year. Have a pat on the back, and thank you for some fantastic memories over the years!

Russell":1njyn2xg said:
Surprisingly little condemnation of the honours system from above the border when Hoy was knighted though.

Eh? Now I'm not involved in surveys or the like but I'd have thought one persons opinion would be unlikely proof of the mood of a nation?

Russell":qsc5b9z2 said:

Please dont start the English/Scottish crap its the honours list were on about. Reg Hoy I dont think he should have gotten it either.
I did let Matthew71's comment "first english man to win the tour" go.
I can see where the conversation is going so I'll shut up.

JeRkY":5m56y3yn said:
Woo! another anarchistic take over on retrobike :yawn:

Oh no! Anarchy :LOL:

Run for shelter, someone may be airing an opinion that's different to our own. In the face of all this back slapping I've changed my mind.

Artists and athletes are human too, and should be allowed to have a bit of tin pinned to their chests like the rest of us..... Sorry!

al. :D

Back