Cosmetic Surgery Special Orange C16R Updated 29/12/12

As per other comments not 100% sure about the tyres, but the rest is very nice and not your run of the mill Orange resto. Tres :cool:

kermitgreenkona88":1ow5vzjq said:
As per other comments not 100% sure about the tyres, but the rest is very nice and not your run of the mill Orange resto. Tres :cool:

The idea was to make something different, and fresh, hope ive achieved it?, it rides really nice and has a solid feel to it, if that makes sense. The bike in its original state was rough, it had parts fitted incorrectly, bits missing, damage, and general abuse and neglect, the whole plan was to keep the retro feel whilst give it a modern look.

Re: Orange

unidude":3d9b7lh5 said:
I like this, something different and in a good way :cool:

ps; i have pm'd you regarding it. ;)

Cheers mate, it is different but yet feels so right to ride and I love it :)

Ok so a quick update, few things have changed on the build since the last post. The following have been added;

Ritchey Vector Saddle.
Ritchey Logic Canti Levers.
PACE RC35 (New 1" Steerer, Canti Mount, Decals, courtesy of Tim 'justbackdated').
SK8 Stem Fitted (Stalk Removed when PACE forks were fitted).
New Shimano Rear Screw on Cassette.

Its running like a dream :D

Middleburn Cranks to go on next.

Attachments

• C16RPACE5.JPG
    C16RPACE5.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • C16RPACE4.JPG
    C16RPACE4.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • C16RPACE5.JPG
    C16RPACE5.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • C16RPACE2.JPG
    C16RPACE2.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • C16RPACE1.JPG
    C16RPACE1.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Orange

Looking nicely understated that, lot of thought gone into it. Is the finish powder or proper paint please? Looks really well done? Do you need any blue srp bottle bolts? Have a few spare.
What else you have planned for her?

Re: Orange

Wold Ranger":2s2cbhbl said:
Looking nicely understated that, lot of thought gone into it. Is the finish powder or proper paint please? Looks really well done? Do you need any blue srp bottle bolts? Have a few spare.
What else you have planned for her?

Many thanks for your comments, I have put thought into it, it's not supposed to satisfy the purists but to emulate the ethos of Retrobiking, it gelled together from the wheels up and is still growing, although not so it becomes a monster. Middleburn cranks are inbound, a tyre change could be on the horizon, a few tweaks here and there, but it's more about how it feels to ride, it's solid, not a lightweight yet it is nimble, to me it's like a comfortable piece of clothing, reliable, comfortable, and looks good in any environment :)

Ok so bike has undergone a Tyre Change!! Panaracers are off and on are some Skin/Amber Walled Red/Grey Duro's Dont know much about the tyres, quality seems good, nice fit on the rims.

Initially i'm not sure, but the more i look at them the more they grow on you. What do you think? Or do the Panaracers get put back on?

Or do i go for something different?

Decisions, decisions...........

Attachments

• DSCF3352.JPG
    DSCF3352.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCF3353.JPG
    DSCF3353.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 407
Ok, a few subtle changes to my 94 Orange C16R, nothing major, but the PACE RC35's are now on my Clockwork, I have sourced another pair of RC35's they will be put onto the bike once serviced and new steerer tube put in place. Hence the F7 forks back on the bike.

Some Answer Bar Ends in Anodised Blue, always loved these bar ends and really compliment the bike a treat, and feel great when riding.

IRC Mythos tyres, great tyres, tries several other makes on the bike but these look and feel great.

Orange Saddle, was toying with the idea of fitting and Orange Enduro saddle but went with this after bagging it on ebay for a nice price.

The rest is unchanged, but my son took some nice pics whilst we were out the other day on my Raleigh Dynatech Diablo DX, my son rode the C16R.

Enjoy, they are a little arty but show parts of the bike off nicely.

Jussa :D

Attachments

• Orange9.JPG
    Orange9.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Orange8.JPG
    Orange8.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Orange7.JPG
    Orange7.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Orange6.JPG