Mekp's Bike - Marin Team - 1995

my Marin original? no way! ;-)
_LN_8965-Edit.jpg

Maybe not this Thomson but for sure with black seatpost, stem and wheels. And a little touch of green...

Hi.

I left first 100km behind me and I am amazed. Marin fit me perfectly!

Geometry of my another bike (Fuji Tahoe Pro) is quite similar so I am really happy.

This evening I had some free time so I made small upgrade.

I replaced rear mech. XT 735 for this:
_DSC0262.JPG

XTR M910. It isn't NOS but for me is ok.

I've cleaned the cassette and put everything on the scale...

1. Old RD XT 735.
_DSC0273.JPG

2. New...
_DSC0265.JPG

3. CS M900 12-32
_DSC0274.JPG

After this I used another scale and I've shocked to... It shows 10,5kg!

It is good start because there is lot of heavy parts... I think that in the spring i will lose 1kg...

pozdrawiam
xMekpx

Hi.

Took long time after last upgrade so...

Few days after last update my friend gave me a brand new CatEye. Quite big but...
_DSC0579.JPG

and little bit little tried Shimano XT SharkFin. I used sponge and some car spray for plastic. Now it looks ok.
_DSC0597.JPG

I was looking for some nice wheelset... I have bought a pair of Mavic 517 rims in Lemon color but it was not... So... I decided to install disc brakes in Fuji and take old wheels here. Mavic 517 rims, DT Swiss spokes, Ritchey Pro Hubs. Wheels are not pure retro but they are in excellent condition.
_DSC0936.JPG

_DSC0938.JPG

_DSC0940.JPG

Next... Pedals... Long time ago I have won pair of nice Titanium pedals. Ritchey WCS Ti, no perfect condition but... 250gr.
Now i have a pair extra and I think to make 1 from 2.
P1260031.JPG

I also changed a cassette... From XTR M900 to... XTR M900, From 11-32 to 11-28. From 317gr to 254gr.

I was really angry at broken BB so i took here a Titanium Race Face BB... From 310g to... 170g :D
P1260018.JPG

In the picture You can see two big mistakes. The Onza's barends and a yellow grips... I took it off after first ride. I also took off a RF crank and set up White Ind crank again. (Kenda Karma tires also for a moment)
P1260023.JPG

P1260024.JPG

P1260032.JPG

I have some new parts on the desk, I will find free time and instal them in this week.

So... Next update in the near future.

pozdrawiam
xMekpx

Hi.

I have been here for a long time... But I didn't foget about Marin :)
Last pics
_DSC1198.JPG

_DSC1200.JPG

_DSC1202.JPG

_DSC1207.JPG

_DSC1208.JPG

_DSC1212.JPG

_DSC1216.JPG

During summer and fall I have ridden mainly on road (90%) so I decided to Schwalbe Kojak, actually I use green Michelin Wildgripper.
As you can see on pics I changed lot of things but this is not the end. I have Ritchey Pro W.C.S. handlebar and XTR M900 canties. I'm looking for better seatpost and M900 front mech.
I have a plan to exchange rigid fork for shock...but which on... Maybe first RS Sid or RS Judy SL... What do you think?

pozdrawiam
xMekpx

nie, nawet lekkie widelce zrujnuje oszczędności dokonanych masa całego roweru. pobyt sztywny.

Nice bike though! I have one the same. just a frame now, will build it up in the summer.

dzieki.

Back