I just bought modern.... And it arrived today!!!

I use a KSi950 with remote, but RockShox do the 'Reverb', then there is the Crank Bros 'Joplin'. Take your pic!

There are good and bad reviews for all of them. I've run the KS now for nearly two years with no trouble at all so would recommend it. Whichever one you look at, make sure that it can be fitted with a handlebar remote. The ability to drop/raise your saddle 'on the fly' is a revelation. It totally transformed my riding.

So it arrived today... Whoop whoop

E1519CA0-55A9-40EE-8600-E884E2622B1E-17576-0000239AAACA7C70.jpg

Bare frame is 1517g :cool:

Really excited about building this one up :D

Nice :cool:

At the risk of sounding like a pleb though, where does the back wheel fit into?! Whats with the weird and wonderful dropout thingies?

ChrisR":utk8gn52 said:
Oooofff that's nice! Very jealous!

What size have you gone for?

Cheers fella, I'm smitten with it already...

I went for the 20" as I'm long legged.. But it does seem a massive frame, and has 24" (c-c) top tube :shock:

Whatleymeister":22hv471r said:
Nice :cool:

At the risk of sounding like a pleb though, where does the back wheel fit into?! Whats with the weird and wonderful dropout thingies?

Those aren't dropouts... They are the holes the dropouts bolt into ;) you can choose horiz or vertical and I went for the latter...

I'm right on the border between an 18" and 20" but think I'll probably go for the 18" when I eventually get one... Hopefully at the end of January.

Look forward to seeing a build thread for this :D

Back