North American Handmade Bicycles Show (NAHBS)2013 BOOKED!

jonnyboy666":ac7mbpoe said:
UPDATE!! :D

i booked it!! couldn't stretch to 2 whole weeks in the end, was looking like too much money between now and the show.

so my plan is now, flying into Denver, going to the show for 2 days (friday and saturday) then driving southwest to Moab on sunday, and hitting the trails there for a few days then heading home.

2 days for the show and 4 days riding, so far i have booked the flight and the denver hotel, just need to sort the hotel in Moab and the car hire.

excited! :D :D :D

You lucky bugger! :D

@ctk, luck didn't come into it, decided not to have any money for the next month or so did though!

@frtc, of course, helmet can and camera are going!

:D

been looking at car rentals, not knowing the american car market is a bit of an issue, i want to drive something pretty reasonable so have been looking at the possibilities, eventhough i'm not taking one of my bikes i will be renting one and i want something big enough that i can just through the bike inside the back, so these are the 2 options that seem to pop up most.

grand cherokee £200, ford escape £175 both for 5 days

the guts of the driving will be on the sunday from denver to moab and then back on the thursday/friday, the rest of the time it'll be from moab to the trails

thoughts?

(also check out the 2013 ford escape with bikes from the early 90's on it!)

Attachments

• ford escape.jpg
    ford escape.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 2012-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Overland-Summit-003-550x367.jpg
    2012-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Overland-Summit-003-550x367.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 253
Lucky for you, the gas prices are down to around $3.60 per gallon now-both of those vehicles will work-just make sure you get one with 4 wheel drive, as they come in 2 wheel drive versions also, and there is a Lot of snow out West in Colorado----Just noticed the background in the Ford shot looks like SF taken from the Marin Headlands...

thanks Pat, will i really need 4WD? will be on road mostly i would have thought, went for the SUV type cars because of the size more than being off road capable

the fuel price over here is way higher than yours so i'm not to worried about that cost.

Back