Motobecane & Witcombe info needed please...

On the Witcomb, what is the little 'stud' on the rear of the top of the seat tube and why is there a clamp-on cable stop (the wrong way round) on the chainstay when it already has brazed-on fittings?

Are there 2 studs on the seat tube rear? Spare spoke carrier?

Not sure about the extra cable clamp on the chainstay though LOL

Shaun

It does have two braze-ons on the rear of the seat tube, im thinking maybe for dynamo wires?
It had a front rack attatched with a wired halogen attatched so maybe there was one on the rear aswell (wires were cut)
Also you can see theres a hole under the bottom bracket, this is were it had a modern plastic gear cable guide fitted,so the cables ran underneath rather than use the braze-on guides above?
The cable clamp must of been used rather than the braze-ons also, i removed it when cleaning it up and put it back on the wrong way round :oops: so i dont lose it.
P1010718.jpg

P1010724.jpg

P1010723.jpg

P1010719.jpg

P1010893.jpg

That Witcomb is a handsome beast.

I think the Motobecane is likely an 80s build as the 70s models had the names stenciled on rather than decals, plus that font just looks newer (unscientific opinion)

Also I see what Shaun was getting at the top of the simplex drop is filed which is odd.

I have the catalog at home so I will check it later

Back