2012 Twizzer Aftermath. 'The Browning Version'

Apparently some northern git who couldn't be bothered with Cannock chase won it!......we ate his mince pie!....

......has spence 'taken the whole tree' in that pic?..... :shock:

Rob Atkin":emx632ks said:
Looked like an ace ride, nice terrain too. Can't believe I missed LGF's dictatormobile!!

Any news on the RB ride series results?

You missed the ride and the terrain. You also missed LGF's Merc, but so did everyone else as it ran out of petrol reversing off his drive.
He had some kind of practical family van with a sliding door instead.

In terms of the RB National series results.
Well only three of the top ten points scorers bothered to turn up at Cannock and two of them were John and myself.
We couldn't really claim the win, what with being the site owner and the series organiser so we had to go with the next attendee who was Spencer13...

Just kidding Rob. You know that you won it by making 6 out of 7 rounds and taking a Bike of the Ride win.
PM me your address and we'll post out your prizes.

And so...
There were seven rounds with 100 points awarded for each round attended but -100 points awarded if riding a modern bike.
A 50 point bonus was given for winning Bike of the Ride, and a 50 point bonus for being awarded Spirit of the Ride.

The top twenty places are as follows:

Drystonepaul = 700
John = 700
Winner - RobAtkin = 625 - Joint BotR winner at round 4 - (points split equally)
Matthew71 = 450 - BotR winner at rd 7
Captain Cosmic = 400
Daj = 400
Marctwotone = 400
Mrlee = 400
Spencer13 = 350 - BotR winner at rd 2
Bhill22 = 300
Bolly = 300
FluffyChicken = 300
Harrycrumb = 300
Slmracing = 300
Wizard of Oz = 300
Danson67 = 250 - BotR at rd 6
Warpedboy_2 = 250 - SotR at rd 6
ZigZag = 250 - BotR at rd 1

Full results here. Apologies for any errors or ommissions. PM me if anything needs amending. Spreadsheets really aren't my thing.

Overall we had over 130 individual riders attending this year not including Mountain Mayhem, HoNC, Cannock or any other local RB rides.
So well done to everyone who joined us to celebrate what riding bikes is all about.

Thank you.

drystonepaul":3pqywkkp said:
Rob Atkin":3pqywkkp said:
Looked like an ace ride, nice terrain too. Can't believe I missed LGF's dictatormobile!!

Just kidding Rob. You know that you won it by making 6 out of 7 rounds and taking a Bike of the Ride win.

Thank you.

It's quite your day today Rob.
You've also won something else, equally as prestigious.
I'll PM you later.

Top day out only destroyed front & rear brake pads in the Cannock grinding paste well done to dean & Karl on their first proper offroad adventures big thanks to john&Paul for the organization & cool prize it will be put to good use on my daily non urban commute also thanks to lgf for the frame
Cheers
Sprnce

That was an absolute hoot :)

Many thanks to everyone, to those who chaperoned and guided at the rear, to those who organised, to those who pootled patiently behind me (it gives you a little impetus when you can hear the owner of the site graunching his brakes behind you...an awful lot) and to those who gave advice.

A big shout to the Codsall Massive for helping me along and handing out much needed guidance. Mark's demonstration of 'how to go down a hill' was text book :)

And another to Spence. Everything i know about bikes and bodging i learnt from the man himself..top fella

And cheers for the hat chaps...very kind indeed.

See you all again soon.

Karl

P.s

I have achieved stiffness in a completely different set of muscle groups
;)

Great to be back on the oldskool!

Enjoyed a great ride out for my first Retrobike outing!

Bit of a blast from the past riding the old Rocky Mountain Cirrus for the first time in years. Proper filthy muddy conditions but it sure made me realise why I still love those old XT thumbies and a load of e-stay mud clearance.
No messing.

Need to get to a few more of these things, so hope to see you all again in 2013. Got one pic to share when I dared to get the phone out without it getting caked in whatever I was caked in!

Cheers all. :D

Attachments

• RetrobikeIMG_1913.jpg
    RetrobikeIMG_1913.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 985
drystonepaul":1rf7whlk said:
Rob Atkin":1rf7whlk said:

You missed the ride and the terrain. You also missed LGF's Merc, but so did everyone else as it ran out of petrol reversing off his drive.
He had some kind of practical family van with a sliding door instead.

In terms of the RB National series results.
Well only three of the top ten points scorers bothered to turn up at Cannock and two of them were John and myself.
We couldn't really claim the win, what with being the site owner and the series organiser so we had to go with the next attendee who was Spencer13...

And so...
There were seven rounds with 100 points awarded for each round attended but -100 points awarded if riding a modern bike.
A 50 point bonus was given for winning Bike of the Ride, and a 50 point bonus for being awarded Spirit of the Ride.

The top twenty places are as follows:

Drystonepaul = 700
John = 700
Winner - RobAtkin = 625 - Joint BotR winner at round 4 - (points split equally)
Matthew71 = 450 - BotR winner at rd 7
Captain Cosmic = 400
Daj = 400
Marctwotone = 400
Mrlee = 400
Spencer13 = 350 - BotR winner at rd 2
Bhill22 = 300
Bolly = 300
FluffyChicken = 300
Harrycrumb = 300
Slmracing = 300
Wizard of Oz = 300
Danson67 = 250 - BotR at rd 6
Warpedboy_2 = 250 - SotR at rd 6
ZigZag = 250 - BotR at rd 1

Full results here. Apologies for any errors or ommissions. PM me if anything needs amending. Spreadsheets really aren't my thing.

Overall we had over 130 individual riders attending this year not including Mountain Mayhem, HoNC, Cannock or any other local RB rides.
So well done to everyone who joined us to celebrate what riding bikes is all about.

Thank you.

I wasn't sure that's why I was so keen to know! I was sure there were more people who had made it to as many rounds as me. :)
My aim was to lose weight this year and challenge myself to make it to all the rounds as I so often don't bother making the effort. In every case the rides had great weather, awesome banter and so much fun it was worth the thousands of miles driven to get to the 6 rides!

The RB rides are seriously the best rides I have ever been on in my life. There are what riding should be like, and I appreciate all the effort that goes into organising them. I did my best to reward people who came myself with the Eat My Dirt samples and I was rewarded with routes that I never knew existed and never knew I would complete on old rigid bikes..... ;-)

Hopefully next year I can make all the rounds as I only have 6 stickers!!

Latest posts

Back