2012 Twizzer Aftermath. 'The Browning Version'

done both of them already, it comes on when the blowers are 1/2 to full whack, and the carpets are now a tad squelchy lol

the washing machines made some interesting noises since putting me riding stuff through it, cannock mucks harder than my local mud lol

Spent nearly 6 hours today driving up from Brighton when I could have been getting muddy with friends. P......d, but rebuilding hubs in sympathy.

sorry i couldnt make it,my son had an ear infection so i forced to wait in the docs for hours :( i`d re-built the bike especially for the ride too

I didnt actually ride much...

twizzler_2012_189.jpg

The 'mechanical'

Attachments

• the 'mechanical'.jpg
    the 'mechanical'.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,233
Great days riding and worth the trip down as always, the trails at Cannock never disappoint.

Favourite moment of the ride had to be chasing down two guys on full sussers during my stint at the front of the retro train, and one of them pulling over.

Mince pies, ale and jumble at the end of a ride, what more could you want

2012-12-27-112_zpse8fff9e5.jpg

2012-12-27-113_zps4be9026e.jpg

2012-12-27-114_zpsdb8d067b.jpg

2012-12-27-115_zpsded49718.jpg

2012-12-27-116_zps7bb2f840.jpg

2012-12-27-117_zpse62d13fd.jpg

2012-12-27-118_zpsbf2d9cae.jpg

2012-12-27-119_zpsd5533a3b.jpg

I think I enjoyed the ride. It has made me realise how much towards the road my cycling has gone. Still, I suspect I will continue to get muddy again every now and then if not only to remind myself how good road riding is.

Upon my return I amused myself by panning for gold in the bath using all the stuff that washed from my legs! This morning the washing machine is now making a faintly ominous buzzing noise prior probably to expiring for good. The bike however, remains festering in the car.

Low point for me, (although not I suspect for anyone watching), was giving Karl, on only his second off road outing, a few pearls of advice painfully gained in almost 25 years of mountain biking. Obviously I crashed in front of him. There you go, don't land on your face in the mud. Good advice I'm sure!

In hindsight, it was too cold for shorts. I fear also they may have seen their last ride. Also the shorts did not prevent near terminal chafing.

Thanks to all for organising and to Spence and Karl for some first rate ale. On a positive note to end, I was definitely fitter this year.

See you all again in the new year.

HarryCrumb said:
Great days riding and worth the trip down as always, the trails at Cannock never disappoint.

Favourite moment of the ride had to be chasing down two guys on full sussers during my stint at the front of the retro train, and one of them pulling over.

Mince pies, ale and jumble at the end of a ride, what more could you want

i was chasing both of you and all i can say is he looked well pissed off when he "pulled over to check strava" lol, flying we were :D still didnt catch you up myself though

Looked like an ace ride, nice terrain too. Can't believe I missed LGF's dictatormobile!!

Any news on the RB ride series results?

Back