1989 Doug Bradbury Manitou - 1st update complete

That is a sweet looking bike you have mate and looks gorgeous in the light and better without the bar ends.

I bet the ride with the rigid forks is better than the sus fork.

I remember the MBUK review with a photo of Sally hibberd holding the bike above her head and thought that must be light :LOL:

Brilliant!! An amazing looking bike.

DSC_0804-vi.jpg

To me, the very best part of this thread is that someone is thrilled to have fulfilled a quest. As was said elsewhere, his grail has been found.

Congratulations, Martin. Great back story, excellent find and A Christmas present that made you very Merry.

Quite happy for you.

CCMDoc":26esxb22 said:
To me, the very best part of this thread is that someone is thrilled to have fulfilled a quest. As was said elsewhere, his grail has been found.

Congratulations, Martin. Great back story, excellent find and A Christmas present that made you very Merry.

Quite happy for you.

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it. The Manitou has been on my wanted list for a very long time and unlike some other bikes that I was able to find quickly this a lot of effort and so having it is that much sweeter.

Cheers!

Great one.

Martin,
This is one of the coolest bikes and stories i've seen on this site. What a great find. The fork is killing me, it's just too cool.

Only just seen this! Nice find Martin. Remember the reviews back in the day which soon put this to the top of my wish list. Mark 1 Manitou Suspension forks is all I could afford at the time.

Welcome to the club :cool:

One of the nicest early examples I've seen. Nice you got all the "bits" with it.

Great score. You can see it's been well cared for.

Took me a long, long, looooooong time to get mine too.....

My buddies shop used to sell them. Just could never afford to buy one back then.

Really nice!! Thanks for sharing!

Back