whats the best retro mountain bike ever made

I owned a Zaskar LE, good bike and served its purpose for a season...but how about the likes of the Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X and the Pace RC200??

I think everybody in here knows the answer:

Adroit or Yo Eddy

But since it's so obvious, no one in here really wants to contribute with a serious reply. Alternatively they have an obscure personal favorite that they believe so much in that they fail to acknowledge the obvious answer as given above.

RustyGold":2elyhsu3 said:
The one you like riding the most ;)

This has to be in my opinion, the most definitive answer, we all have differing views on what makes a bike good/pretty/fun to ride, if we all liked the same thing then there would be no variation and there would only be one bike on here and everyone would own the same thing!

In my eyes it would have to be a hardtail kona, pretty much summed up in my 1998 caldera, its everything (as it stands now) that i lusted after when i was in my youth, it rides fantastically, wheelies like a demon, and climbs really well, its sat in my bedroom all clean and polished and shiny, i miss riding it as i dont like getting it (too) dirty, and my 1993 lava dome is covered in crap from winter commuting, i also love riding it and sometimes sit in the bathroom staring at it (cos im sad and its on the landing outside the bathroom) but i dont love it as much as my caldera, so in my personal taste the caldera is the best retro bike (till i buy/build something prettier)!

I hope my mad rambling actually made sense, it sounds good as im writing it :LOL:

Back