Go Pro Hero 3 info please :)

godders

Retrobike Rider
Hi all, i am now the happy owner of a Go Pro 3 and would like to get a few tip from any of you out there that have used this or one of the other Go Pro set ups ... any info you could pass on would be ace :cool:
Best place to mount ? bars/seat post/helmet ?
where to get memory cards and how much should i be paying ?
also what size 32gb or 64gb
NeilM has already surgested that i get a chest mount ... so away you go guys and thanks in advance

Mick :D

Go for the biggest card possible and remember to buy the tether kit just incase it falls off .

Get the app if uou have an iPhone

warpedboy2":1ralejkv said:
I hope you don't think I am letting you film my ass every sunday :LOL:

I was thinking of mounting it on the seat post facing behind ... as thats where you have been most of the time :LOL:

;)

I've not had first hand experience of using one yet (very jealous of you) but I'm always impressed by the helmet mounted videos, mounting it in this way appears to give the best rider POV whilst also negating camera shake etc. Enjoy!

I got myself the 3 Silver a few weeks ago. I bought mine mainly for snowboarding, so haven't bought any specific bike mounts yet.
If you haven't got the wireless remote option with yours, then check out the apps available (both for iphone and android).
I have the iphone app, and it's amazing!

I plan to buy both the chest and bar mount, but funds are tight right now.
I may give mine a go on my bike tomorrow, so will report back ;)

Thanks for the replys so far guys :D think i will go for a bar and helmet mount to start of with and see how i get on :? Makster, my son is going snow boarding in feb so will probably take it with him to try out (he paid for it :D ) thinking of trying to mount it in a slightly different position on the helmet... not right on top but lower down towards the right side, more of a "what i see view" ... but we will see how that one pans out ;)
any how keep the surgestions coming

Mick :D

I have lots of mounts for mine and for me I think the best position to get a feel for the ride is on the seatpost foward facing, if i wear my baggy shorts they get a bit flappy at low speed, i try and avoid that if I can :LOL: I have a chest mount but I personally dont get on with it, anyway a link to one of my vids below ff to past 2min to enjoy it better , :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkZnVQnQnCE

Back