STS road version

New pics today :

sts80.jpg

sts81.jpg

sts82.jpg

sts83.jpg

sts84.jpg

:p

It has a aggressive, yet sophisticated, look. I love that it looks rather streetfighter'd, you know? I have had a soft spot for this build for some time, it looks wrong yet right :).

Should i build one...?

Should i build one to? Really like this look on a sts and just thought that i have some parts about the place to do it,
What i have is
97 GT STS DH frame
Givin crosslinks forks in carbon
Three spoke carbon 700c specialized wheels
M739 xt groupset
Maguras
Bars??

Would look great with my other STS's
but should i do it????

Yes, do it mate !

On mine, I put Paul Motolite V-brake, in order to use 700c wheels with mtb frame and fork.

Magura would be more complicated to install on..

Waiting for your pics !
:p

Another sts build

Think i will do it. Just rolled the back wheel into the frame and its sitting on a stool in my sitting room, i'm just looking and thinking.. Pauls parts are very nice, not cheap and not to easy to get. Getting the maguras to fit should be ok on the forks and maybe make a support plate for the rear as per Gary Turners one. Single speed or gears is the big question?

As I see on your signature, like me you have enought bike to ride, so turn your STS to pure pleasure bike, and do it single !

I guess I am going to go against the consensus here. I have long been a fan of the STS. I have owned 3 of them and I still think they are one of the most beautiful frames ever built. Something about the machined aluminum and carbon speaks to me. But I have to say the bikes in this thread are horrid. I have no understanding of why anyone would ever put slicks on a full suspension mountain bike. I understand that you are going for a specific look but I don't find these appealing in the least.

Back