Mountain klein pics please

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I dont want to start a war or anything as I know these threads can get a bit touchy......Does anybody have any mountain klein pics or links to threads that they could wave in my direction? I am starting a build and am looking for a few spec and paint ideas.
I was also wondering if anybody has experience of running a roller cam or ubrake on a 4 piece fork (ie bontrager, syncros). I have a roller cam up front but the fork is non original so thought I might have something a little different made up, I'm not sure if the twisting forces from the higher brake bosses may cause problems.
Thanks

Mombat has some of the good stuff:

GKleinSide.JPG

http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/BikeHistoryPages/Klein.html

...I do have the original "Mountain Klein" decals on file if you find you need to go that far... :oops:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sylus":q6ra18op said:
Is this one?

It's been on ebay for ages and started in the $1600's but despite being lowered to $666 (any meaning :LOL: ) it's still not sold

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klein-Mountain- ... 3a7cba1f7e

It came from ebay us, it came from a member here whos name I have forgotten, it was on here a while ago dressed up as a kleiningham with no paint. Ive been looking at it for a month or two pondering what to do with it.
As it happens I was thinking of doing it in the dayglo green as shown above.
The only tricky bit at present is the fork which came of a Ross and has a quirky 21.1 internal measurement which leaves me a bit short on stem choices, I do have a stem but it is not quite 100% fit wise. Its the tricky fork that has got me thinking about a replacement built around a crown with drop in legs.

Yes Mr gil, I will more than likely tap you up for the proper decals when im a bit further down the line, that would set it off nicely thanks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back