whats the best retro mountain bike ever made

acelectrical

Dirt Disciple
thought i would throw this one out there, i personally like different frame designs from the usaual triangle designs, i have a astars cromega which i have had from new 92, and have recently bought a gt rts both are great bikes i think, and importantly just look great. would like other peoples views of their favorite bikes.

Impossible to have a definitive answer to your question as we all like and need something different.

The most perfect bike I've ever owned and ridden was my 2001 Seven Sola Ti. It felt perfect. But not exactly retro.

If we're going by the timeframes set out by this forum, the most perfect pre 98 bike I've ever ridden is a Zaskar.

Post subject: whats the best retro mountain bike ever made

The one you like riding the most ;)

'Tis faaaaaaar too subjective a question to be able to answer it definitively. It would hinge on too many factors i.e. Nostalgia, The bike(s) you've already owned, The bike(s) you want to own or have always wanted to own, your intended use for a bike - are you more XC inclined than DH for example, etc...

They're all great...there's a bike out there for everyone! *cosmic* :D .

Best MTB

Tom Ritchey made the best from from the start (He did invent the sport after all) to the finish IMHO His frames won more races than any other at all levels.
He also didn't sell out to the big bucks corporation and stayed faithful to steel and his own designs (unlike Klein, Yeti, KB, Fisher etc)

its just a bit of fun really, some people might take it a bit too seriously, it may have been done before, but so what, i am just interested in other peoples bikes especially the more interesting designs which we may have not seen or heard of.

Never owned one, never ridden one, don't want one, not sure why people obsess over them.

So it will be the Zaskar. Just about the only bike most people on here agree about.

Back