Karakoram Kommuter

To be a complete ponce about it I'd say the black Rock Shox as you'll never get the different blues to match up.

Tazio":1shoqrpy said:
To be a complete ponce about it I'd say the black Rock Shox as you'll never get the different blues to match up.

the black judys came with the frame and defo look right...

colour wise I see what you're saying, however the 98 SIDs have had time time (and a little money) invested in em... and I want to use them

they're significantly lighter than the judys, not had the scales out but reckon there's 300-500g of difference (not that it's wieght weenie project).

they're also smoother

sop probably a SID start, resulting in another visit to the shed for more footering about and the judys

the rigid 3Ds are for power coating and going back onto the zaskar where they came from... so never really an option

two rigid GTs in the shed already,actually 3, forgot about 1, so a little bounce on this.... to start with anyways :D

Re: 1996 GT Karakoram

lost camera until the other day not that there was any excitement to log

so all built and has been in use in recent weeks. happy with the bike, it fulfils the intentions which we a comfy steel GT with higher (than my other GTs) front end, making it suitable for longer days in the saddle

currently looking like this

DSCN0634 by gmac123, on Flickr

a little play in the forks which I'll need to check out. fancy a black saddle, I have a old Rolls, but if I dig deep enough there's a GT saddle with the brass looking studs lurking in the depths of the shed. Hopefully in better condition than I remember.

job done for now :D

chrisv40":2gy47t5u said:
Thats looking great!

Hows it ride?

cheers fella, so far so good - enjoying the ride

the raised front end and wider bars makes it a little more comfy than it's GT stable mates. I'm a little too tall for the frame but I like the 18" frames purely for the top tube length. I find my others to be great for grinding a gear round my local trails which aren't technical in the slightest, however the saddle to bar drop isn't suitable for longer days.

it has lost some of that point and go feel that GTs have, but suits the purpose.. the other notable difference is with the canti's, I do like the power of a ubrake, you can't lock it up and slide the rear end like you can with a ubrake

that's a nice collection of karakorams you have there :!:

Latest posts

Back