JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Orange Orange Clockwork.....

Hello Wold ranger; the dropouts are aluminium bonded into Columbus Thron legs (funny the things you remember, or *think* you remember (corrections accepted))........decal info still most welcome.

I recall when I purchased the forks new they had 'Pace' in white lettering and 'Racing' in red, on a nickle finish. The original finish was ruined by a Cavalier SRI130 exhaust.....long story, involving a cheap bike rack and driving too fast.

Here`s my Orange Clockwork winter "beater" hack -- complete with lights, mudguards and... basket for carrying back chippy take-outs, lager etc... its probably too uncool for the local kids to want to nick, i leave it everywhere, strapped to lamp-posts, left outside the gym, shops etc. :D

I dont think there`s many original parts on it but it rides really well and gets more use than my other three Oranges put together (C16, C16R and P7)

Attachments

• DSCF3582.JPG
    DSCF3582.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 990
Re: Orange Orange Clockwork.....

Waderider":3nplqu79 said:
Hello Wold ranger; the dropouts are aluminium bonded into Columbus Thron legs (funny the things you remember, or *think* you remember (corrections accepted))........decal info still most welcome.

I recall when I purchased the forks new they had 'Pace' in white lettering and 'Racing' in red, on a nickle finish. The original finish was ruined by a Cavalier SRI130 exhaust.....long story, involving a cheap bike rack and driving too fast.

Would need to be re plated, but then may be tricky with the bonding. The early ones with the Reynolds 531 legs tend to fetch much more s/h as they are easily re finished and similar weight. May be worth having a word with Tim one here who's handle is Justbackdated as he services Pace forks and used to work for them for many years. He lives up at Pickering North Yorkshire. Good fella he is too. :cool:

Just put this one together for the Cannock Turkey Twizzler ( build thread - hope it doesn't turn out to be a lemon).

Rob

Attachments

• DSC01901.JPG
    DSC01901.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 949
  • DSC01903.JPG
    DSC01903.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 949
Lemon

That seatpost looks longer than the seat tube :shock: could be a bit risky to the frame? (serious leverage :cry: )

Re: Lemon

Wold Ranger":1pl2vz4o said:
That seatpost looks longer than the seat tube :shock: could be a bit risky to the frame? (serious leverage :cry: )

I'm not convinced that the seatpost is the correct diameter either, so an even bigger risk. :shock: I will certainly put the post down a couple of inches for Cannock.

Only finished putting it together this afternoon - debut run tomorrow at Cannock. Realistically the frame is too small for me (would have preferred a 19") - but will give it a try.

My son is off to Uni in October - so could just let it become a rust rat for him.

Sorted!

The image thing seems to have worked... Thanks to AndyB, groovyblueshed and anyone else who made helpful suggestions!

__
Dave

'One piece at a time...'

OK, may as well weigh in with this build I put together back in the summer. I say summer but it actually took a good 6 months, as due to severe financial constraints I had to limit myself to an outlay of £50 per month. I'm sure some of you can relate :)

So it was a powdercoat job in January, rear hub in February, front hub in March, spokes and rims in April... you get the idea. Here it is anyway:

12 - Right Side 1 by bueno excelente, on Flickr

15 - Front 3 quarter by bueno excelente, on Flickr

I did subsequently fit the brakes in case you were wondering!

More details on the build here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33192396@N ... 300235840/

Anyhow it was ready to ride by mid-June, when I could get away with that minimalist no-mudguards look at least some of the time!

It is still serving as a daily on/off-road commuter at time of writing, albeit with Crudguard, Crudcatcher and some tyres that actually have tread... and I haven't succumbed to the lure of multiple gears yet!

Sadly, though, the very pretty Profile cranks proved unequal to the task of singlespeed grinding and the tapers are pretty much shot. So it's currently weighed down with some 'Saint' cranks which, although undoubtedly bomb-proof, are not really in keeping. Still, they'll do for now.

Next year, new cranks and maybe some actual decals...

Here is my 19" 1993 Clockwork (Tange Infinity Tubing)

Completed on 30/03/13 Not for the purists I know, and a few 'Marmite' parts (Snowflake wheels, coloured cables etc) but It's turned out exactly how I wanted it :cool:

Full build thread;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=207928

Proud to be part of the Clockwork Club :D

Attachments

• Clockwork 007.jpg
    Clockwork 007.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 854
  • Clockwork 006.jpg
    Clockwork 006.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 854
  • Clockwork 005.jpg
    Clockwork 005.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 853
  • Clockwork 004.jpg
    Clockwork 004.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 853
  • Clockwork 003.jpg
    Clockwork 003.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 854
Oops, posted my frame pic in wrong clockwork thread. Not much to see but this will be finally going for paint in the near future. Its a '92 made frame.

Attachments

• P1000068.JPG
    P1000068.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 822
Back