1997 Amp Research B4 Mercedes Benz

Trebz":kfifavm0 said:
Shameless plug here but........

I have an AMP Research B4 frame and fork up for sale....

:)

I'm highly offended....that you haven't included a link :D

Unless it has Carbon stays, in which case you should pm me immediately :D

Nice project. Nice frame, good parts to throw at it. It will not suck regardless of how you dress it up.

Have you thought of running the silver bar with the other silver front end bits? Or running the black bar with a black stem, to match the post? The West Coast tendency would be towards silver or black, five bolt Race Face Turbine cranks with a matching Dues stem.

People still use bar ends? I'm kidding. They hook too many trees around here. Love that FSR, too. What a hot rod.

trail_head":1u621eeo said:
Trebz":1u621eeo said:
Shameless plug here but........

I have an AMP Research B4 frame and fork up for sale....

:)

I'm highly offended....that you haven't included a link :D

Unless it has Carbon stays, in which case you should pm me immediately :D

PM sent and item added to the For Sale section. It's now on Gumtree with a price drop. :)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225461

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/amp-research-20-frame-and-fork-retro-rare-mountain-bike/1005656430

semi-school":2j6nb3e2 said:
Nice project. Nice frame, good parts to throw at it. It will not suck regardless of how you dress it up.

Have you thought of running the silver bar with the other silver front end bits? Or running the black bar with a black stem, to match the post? The West Coast tendency would be towards silver or black, five bolt Race Face Turbine cranks with a matching Dues stem.

People still use bar ends? I'm kidding. They hook too many trees around here. Love that FSR, too. What a hot rod.

I'm shocked at how much I'm struggling with color on this bike. I decided on silver up front to follow through from all the silver on the fork. I'll probly stick with the silver bars although, I'm finding it hard to let go of the carbon bars just because they absorb trail chatter soo much better. At some point I decided I like the black seat masts on these bikes because the tristar emblem(chrome) stands out much better than on the silver mast. I am/was planning to ano the mast black. That's why I bought the black seat post but, now I'm thinking the black seat post and mast will clash with the silver front end. as of today, I'm thinking I'll change back to a silver post, leave the seat mast silver and change the tristar emblem to black.
My wife says I'm as bad as her trying to decide on a pair of shoes!

The only thing I have decided; is to powder coat the stays to match the front triangle. Maybe :roll:

A little update;

Amp Research shipped my new rear triangle today, Yay!

I started moding my Answer bar ends tonight. I love the way they mount and the huge diameter. I didn't like the length, so I've shortened them. The left one turned out nice.
The bar ends are so large in diameter the shifter wouldn't fit on(I knew that already).
Tomorrow I'll manufacture the piece to mount the bar end shifter. I love doing one of a kind mods like this!
BDEC6809-8B3E-429D-B50C-EC3C10349DE4-9691-000010F7DAFB761D.jpg

Today I went to visit the anodizing factory. I had them check my M950 cranks and rear hub to determine what the existing finish was. I want to finish match my front Amp disc hub and rear disc flange adapter.
FYI. They're certain the crank finish is powder coat but, could not positively anodentify(<I made that word up) :D my nos rear hub.

While I was there I had them strip my seat post and clamp. Tonight I fired up the polishing wheel and had a little fun :D
I also replaced all the hardware with Ti bits :cool:

Tomorrow I'll color match the Mercedes Tristar to the main frame metallic blue.

774C6745-47FA-4A50-9AF3-F8EFA7A40B27-13023-000016523654FC40.jpg

Back