1985 Coyote, fillet brazed, drop barred, oval tubed

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
Finally got it built back up. Pictures and specs @ Finally got it built back up. Pictures and specs @ http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1985_Coyote.html

The split clamp, high rise roller stem looked to be built for drop bars so we went with 'em. Other parts are pretty standard 1985/86 parts. All the Research Dynamics bikes I could find looked to be lower end imported frames. Couldn't find a serial number on this one but it sure looks to be more of a domestic one-off type of frame?? Maybe a sample, low production or different company all together?

coyoteside.JPG

coyotehead.JPG

coyoterbrake.JPG

The split clamp, high rise roller stem looked to be built for drop bars so we went with 'em. Other parts are pretty standard 1985/86 parts. All the Research Dynamics bikes I could find looked to be lower end imported frames. Couldn't find a serial number on this one but it sure looks to be more of a domestic one-off type of frame?? Maybe a sample, low production or different company all together?

coyoteside.JPG

coyotehead.JPG

coyoterbrake.JPG

Now that I like! - It looks like it could be ridden and ridden hard. It's no show piece...and that I like ;).

It's nice to see a rather unusual, perhaps not so coveted, brand of bicycle exhibited in such detail.

I have to get round to building myself a drop handlebar'd steed - just them pesky parts are so scare, thus so pricey, that I just can't make it happen.

Nice find, and I must agree about the bars. I would never have thought of that, but once you see it, it looks just right.

Anthony":1u8ayo5n said:
Nice find, and I must agree about the bars. I would never have thought of that, but once you see it, it looks just right.

When we got it, the stem wasn't installed on the bike and we planned on building it with flat bars. Once the stem was mounted, it sure looked like it was meant for drops with the split clamp, high rise and cable roller. It was either that, or it was made as a comfort bike with riser bars :D

A beauty, but it's too fine to be a coyote. Looks like a one-off model. BTW, why don't you mount a Turbo on it?

Back