Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could - but I'd certainly regard it as symptomatic of a failed society if the country in which I lived regarded it as necessary to have similar home security measures to a country that was in a state of prolonged unrest until Saddam and that is in a state of unrest requiring the presence of foreign troops to keep the peace.

Which is, as someone stated earlier, where the cultural differences between USA and Europe are clearly manifest.

FairfaxPat":tn490n7c said:
It could be worse-I read that in Iraq they allow every family to own 1 full auto AK-47 for home protection!

you should look up what they give those doing their national service in Switzerland :shock: and yet gun crime related to these weapons is mainly kept in the home and used in domestic violence attacks!

FairfaxPat":2cdgzyj3 said:
It could be worse-I read that in Iraq they allow every family to own 1 full auto AK-47 for home protection!

how is that worse? its like compairing apples and oranges

:D I think I'd rather not have my neighbors possessing machine guns-far more deadly than hunting weapons, which aren't necessarily made for mass carnage...

FairfaxPat":1hwzgfd1 said:

But one per household would still be less guns than the states where I recently read that there are currently 88 guns in circulation per 100 people.. And that's the registered ones. That's a terrifying figure to the European mind.

id rather not live next to somone who owns guns for home protection full stop also ive been on quite a few hunts and never seen a M1A1 or anything like it, im not even sure what you would hunt with one.

lumos2000":hjoeuj99 said:
id rather not live next to somone who owns guns for home protection full stop also ive been on quite a few hunts and never seen a M1A1 or anything like it, im not even sure what you would hunt with one.

small defenceless things, I think they are called children!

stop_handguns.png

lumos2000":8ajw6tnk said:
--- They make a very good deer gun, as using less than .30 caliber is not allowed for large game, starting with deer, bear, antelope, etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't own an assault rifle, and I am not advocating owning them- I think there is, however, a place for target shooting (me) and hunting (meat eaters). Also, if you are hunting with a semi-auto rifle, the maximum capacity magazine allowed is 5 rounds. And if you lived here, you Would have neighbors that owned guns. Thus far, I have never seen a weapon pulled or used on the street around here in my whole life, except for the cops a few times when they have someone cornered. Marin is fairly affluent and thus, really no desperate robbers on the street, but there are plenty of what we call .45 Caliber Neighborhoods in the East Bay and parts of San Francisco. I just avoid them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back