1986 La Vie Claire team bike

Ah yes - 1990?

I was there too...standing somewhere near the Arc de Triomphe on that final stage, and yes one of the hottest days I can remember - what a day!

I met Hinault in a bike shop after he retired . He worked for Look as a superstar rep .

he took the time to chat to everyone in the shop .

you're all very lucky indeed. i've never seen either of them although we rode our bikes over the finish line just a couple of days after the tour de france had passed over the alpe d'huez finish in 1990. we recreated the sprint finish from 200 yards out - i won both times. my claim to fame!!

:LOL:

it was a great day out, a large chunk of the "Z" team where there, including a very long haired millar.the rider who was second was the RMO squad but i cannot remember who.i am sure it was not mottet or claveyrolat.a few days before the race 6 of us where riding down the french coast road not really hanging around and raul alcala came absolutly flying past us not even out of breath.in full PDM team kit ,concorde the lot

not sure of the year , but one of the Tour stages finished in my home town , Millau .
The stage finish was on top of a first cat climb with no space for team cars and buses . One of the physio of team RMO was local , and asked my neighbour , a petrol station, if RMO could park all their vehicules on the forecourt .

So we got to watch the entire stage in the RMO bus , and met all the riders after the stage .

great experience .

my neighbour agreed on a deal to buy a RMO team bike , liberia frame with Mavic Kit .

Back