How much does your GT Lobo weigh or your 90's DH bike?

ChrisBrown81

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wondering how much your GT Lobo or any other 90's downhill bikes weigh in at. I'm far from a weight weenie this is purely out of curiosity.

My Lobo is a large so i'm expecting it to weigh more than others...i'll find out exactly in a couple of days, i'm going to go and buy some scales.

Looking forward to seeing whats out there and what weighs what..

Mine is Large too, and its weight is 20Kg...

...but these wheels and tyres are faulty !

lobo50.jpg

In this first configuration, weight was "only" 17.5Kg :

lobo33.jpg

I bought my scales today and mine came in at 38.19 lb (17.32kg) inc pedals. I'm quite happy with that...I was expecting 40lb+!!

Attachments

• Newdecals (800x597).jpg
    Newdecals (800x597).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 630
Very impressive mate, Im expecting my trek will be about 45 hopefully not thou but thats still a fair way off.

Your frame is prob more like an xl you reckon as peats were def bigger but im guessing he has some thinner tubing too.

Ps: I dreamt about you lobo last night yes I know its sad haha

Hey!!!!!- Dreaming about a mans wife is natural....but a mans Lobo is pushing it fella!!! haha....

What travel does yout Trek have mate?

ChrisBrown81":1zvyb733 said:

Only 6 inches im afraid maybe 6.5 its still up in the air, still trying to find info on these badboys

heavyp":13n01cq0 said:
ChrisBrown81":13n01cq0 said:

Only 6 inches im afraid maybe 6.5 its still up in the air, still trying to find info on these badboys

45lbs and 6 inches travel................we have come a long way since then hey!

13":21y440vk said:
heavyp":21y440vk said:
ChrisBrown81":21y440vk said:

45lbs and 6 inches travel................we have come a long way since then hey!

Yes and no thats just the weight ive heard they were around info on the Trek is as rare as rocking horse s%&t.

Chris's bike weighs 38.19 lb and has 8 inches on the back and the front and its from the same year, there are bikes on the world cup circuit today that still weigh around 37/38lb.

I think with some careful choices (tubes, grips, pedals, seat etc) I could get it down further...

Anyone else going to get there DH rigs on? I'd like to see some ATX's, Bazooka's, LTS's, Marins... See how they fair! Not a competition just interesting...

Back