mrs bears big box from argos just arrived...

If it is any sort of compliment, I am using this as a template for my '94 Explosif, but with red instead of the gorgeous orange. Can't afford some of the finsihing bits, but have saved the pics and this is the affect I am aiming for. Hope you don't mind!

Is there a spec sheet for it somewhere - particularly interested in the seat clamp as am struggling to find a 29.8/30mm one in red.

hi guys
thanks for the comments!
the bike still isnt quite finished yet - just got a nice black syncros post from vitor, but struggling to fine a nice short stem to compliment it!
since these pics, the saddle has been swapped to mrs bears regular one, and she's got some snazzy red headset spacers to match the headset.
she's also pinched one of my vintage flouro MBUK stickers (thanks neil!) in an attempt to grab some hardcore credibility! :LOL:

for the seatclamp - its actually a 28.6 with a longer than normal bolt for the time being :oops: - its not ideal but we're in the same situation as you and i cant find the original one anywhere!

regarding the price, i think argos charged around 120 (give or take a tenner!) including postage. the decals were about 25 from lloyds if i remember rightly.

HTH!
BC

heres a spec sheet so far:

Frame: 94 kona explosif

Fork: judy FSX

Headset: hope red
Stem: currently a roox danny
Handlebar: currently an orange something or other! to be swapped soon!
Grips: ODI mushrooms
Barends: plastic ones!

Brakes: m950 xtr
Brake Pads: m950 xtr
Brake Cables: black.
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Real red

Shifters: XT thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: 739 XT
Rear Derailleur: Proshift red
Derailleur Cables: black uns!
Cassette: XT 8speed
Chain: sedis
Cranks: cooks e-crank red
Crank Bolts: standard
Chainrings: middleburn red/silver
Chainring bolts: red alu
Bottom Bracket: UN72
Pedals: VP platforms

Hub Skewers: Hope red (old style)
Rims: sun cr17 red
Hubs: hope fatso / ti-glide red
Nipples: brass
Spokes: black DT
Tyres: porc re-issues
Tubes: black uns!

Saddle: lady one with a hole! (terry i think)
Seatpost: syncros
Seatpost Binder: hope red

Weight: unkown

Now this has done my head in. Just picked up frame from paint (nice job too) applied new graphics (as new) and I just don't think mine will look that cool. I think it is the cranks (way out of my league) that do it.

Thinking about leaving it monochrome now in a sulk but need to decide soon as the new carbon fork should be here tomorrow and I NEED to build this!

South Bound":6w4aeckk said:
Now this has done my head in. Just picked up frame from paint (nice job too) applied new graphics (as new) and I just don't think mine will look that cool. I think it is the cranks (way out of my league) that do it.

Thinking about leaving it monochrome now in a sulk but need to decide soon as the new carbon fork should be here tomorrow and I NEED to build this!

You own an Explosif my good man, you don't have to feel jealous of anything except another Explosif!

;)

My, I'm blushing now. It is cool to have owned something for that long and now be giving it a new lease of life! Can't promise it will please the retro crowd, but will make me smile.

(Do wish I had not skipped the original sugino cranks, suntour thumbies and rear mech now though!)

Back