An Intense in here?

Nice Curly. See it arrived safe n sound...and glad we didn't start a bidding war on this baby :LOL: would not have been pretty on my wallet.

looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Cheers bud. Just awaiting confirmation of Mr Steber as to what it is as it hasn't got the post for front mech fitment.
Waiting on a Slopestyle frame and Tracer VP frame both coming from the US now as well!!

nice collection going Curly. got a few dirt mags i'll forward your way with intense stuff in it.

You bagged that tazer off sdh a couple of hours before me :LOL: which is a good thing...i've spied another pretty thing :LOL:

I had one of these bikes. I got it direct from intense in 1996. It was called the 'Prototype' the one from the 1st post on top is a Prototype with the 4" travel vertical dropout rear end. I got mine with the rear entry horizontal drop out rear end. Jeff told me that it got 5" of travel with rear entry drop out stays and 4 with the horst-link style ones.

Wish i could find my old bike, i sold it thru the recycler in the san fernando valley in 1998.

I raced so cal DH from 94-99, my names kyle cassara for anyone out there that was around during that time

Apologies for trawling up an ancient thread....
I have picked up an old spyder frame which is from around 93, I am trying to source some horst link pivot bolts but dont have any idea on thread size as its some wacky imperial thing. Do any of the intense brains out there have any idea what I should be looking for or any bolts for that matter?
The frame is essentially like the yellow and purple one halfway down the thread but with an ancient risse shock, blue ano back end and no serial number. Any help/advise would be fantastic.
Thanks

That's a lovely looking frame you've got there (saw the other thread on it with the Yeti).

Without seeing a close-up pic I can't answer your question, but I'd recommend contacting Intense. I bought a Tazer with weird homemade looking front end and emailed them to see if they knew anything about it (I wondered if it was a prototype), a guy quickly got back to me with an answer, and had even asked Intense founder Jeff about it.

There's also the Intense forum on mtbr, which include members from Intense.

Good luck with the build, and keep us Intense fans up to date! :D

Back