gibbles annual "wot i got for chrimbo " thread.

I got some cycle clothing, a couple of DVD's, some tee shirts and a copy of 'Made in England'. :cool:

gibbleking":22e5myaw said:
its a 1903 solid silver birmingham ...lovely clean solid movement and keeps time very nicely..the back and front flip open with a removable back internal cap to show the workings..

Gorgeous. You must have been a very good boy this year then :LOL:.

Have you got a chain in mind for it?. Is the movement marked? I'm sure it is, the reason I ask is that I just can't spot the finer detail in the photograph.

the chain will be next on the list.the watch is marked but my aging eyeballs dont work so well in the dark...so i used the camera on my xoom to take this un for you

the rumours of me being good are strenuosly refuted...it wasnt me...

Attachments

• IMG_20121225_183135.jpg
    IMG_20121225_183135.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 458
That is clean, very nice stuff. Is it a Dennison case?. I'm not too sure on the movement (wrist, is my preferred position you see? ;)) what is the 'Star' mark, found on the movement itself, indicating? - Would it be Dennison's Star mark alà Sun, Moon & Star?.

Love the engraving work too :).

ive waited 30 years for one of these :D

Attachments

• 380630_10151329288023588_1701353284_n.jpg
    380630_10151329288023588_1701353284_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 482
I half jokingly asked my father-in-law for a can of matt black spray paint (something that is always good to have around), which actually turned up in my pile of presents today. Top man! :D

Went out with the telescope and looked at Jupiter with 3 moons which was next to the real moon.

Could get addicted LOL

Shaun

Midlife":2y5xuz9b said:
Went out with the telescope and looked at Jupiter with 3 moons which was next to the real moon.

Could get addicted LOL

Shaun

Fantastic. Wait till you see Saturn it'll blow your socks off.

If you have an android or Iphone/pad the Sky Safari app is really really good or Stellarium is available on free download for pc, they save a lot of faffing around with star atlases.

Back