1990 Haro Extreme

24/12/12

these are the original SLR STI's off the haro, they've been sitting in my toolbox whilst i decide what im going to do with them. i was going to tidy them up strip and polish the blades, and get matching shifters. they have a dx on one and a broken alivio looking shifter on the other. they are possibly a bit past it though, might replace them with some levers and thumbies depending on how cheaply i can get them :?

if anyone has any shifters levers or shifter parts they could sell me i may be interested in purchasing... i also need a new cassette

sean

Attachments

• IMG-20121224-00490.jpg
    IMG-20121224-00490.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 703
Hopefully this build can be finished by the end january

Could really use some shifters levers and a 26.4mm seatpost. Gone a bit quiet on here :LOL:

kermitgreenkona88":32g0aqdb said:
There is a pair of DX thumbies in the road section for £15 from Wired99 ;)

they do look quite tidy condition for the price.... ive sent the guy a pm and am waiting on a reply. just need some cheap levers now

sean

Rob Atkin":y3j4nciy said:
Am I the only one thinking the colour just isn't bright enough?

Should be retina burning neon.... :-/

Don't say that! You'll have me stripping it down again and repainting it :LOL: I did find somewhere afterwards that sells a wide range of flourecent holts colours, but I've been wanting to paint a bike yellow for quite a while so I guess now its out of my system... besides I do like the yellow ;)

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":1l906tgo said:
Rob Atkin":1l906tgo said:

Don't say that! You'll have me stripping it down again and repainting it :LOL: I did find somewhere afterwards that sells a wide range of flourecent holts colours, but I've been wanting to paint a bike yellow for quite a while so I guess now its out of my system... besides I do like the yellow ;)

Sean

I think your colour choice is perfect Sean it would suit silver or black comps!

Tc

Tc":2kz22vqy said:
SEANSTEPHENS":2kz22vqy said:
Rob Atkin":2kz22vqy said:

Sean

I think your colour choice is perfect Sean it would suit silver or black comps!

Tc

Cheers mate, I do think I got the colour choice right... Its bold and something a bit different from what you usuallysee on here. But without looking cheap and nasty

Sean

its been a while since i updated this due to lack of time with xmas and college stuff, but im at home today with a hangover so here we go. heres some pics with a few new bits and bobs on it :D

the tyres are the only modern part of this build so far. they are bontrager connections. In this pic as well is a clue as to what my next rebuild will be ;)
DSC_2368_zpsefe8b273.jpg

i picked these thumbies up off the road forum, at £15 including delivery they were a steal
DSC_2369_zps31852d91.jpg

DSC_2370_zps0e06eb4e.jpg

DSC_2371_zpsb99e9a7c.jpg

23/01/2012

Not much has changed since the last update, only some new brake levers have been fitted. but anyway heres some pics of the bike in the snow

DSC_2722_zps63d9fe75.jpg

DSC_2721_zps0b1b11f2.jpg

And with with my diamondback

DSC_2720_zps8e709303.jpg

DSC_2716_zps08cbbb86.jpg

Latest posts

Back