1991 Cannondale M500

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked up a Cannondale M500 yesterday with some nice bits on it but in poor cosmetic shape.

Frame is very light!
:-D :D :D :D :D

IMGP0122_zps87c48496.jpg

IMGP0124_zps792e72de.jpg

It had been lent out by the owner to a friend of his who used it for trailerbike duties. He never expected to get it back so when he did he didn't want to keep it. He said he needed make space but his garage was flippin' huge!!

After looking through the Cannondale cats on the Vintage Cannondale website I can see the same frame was used up to the SM2000, which rang a few bells in my head. I always wanted a Cannondale BITD and I knew that even if you bought the base model is was brilliant for upgrading as the frames were excellent.

Amazingly there is no dent in the top tube (a pet hate of mine) but the paint is terrible. A real shame as the 2 colour blue fade would have looking amazing. It's bubbling up all over the place and has a multitude of bad scratches and is also very dull looking. No cracks as far as a quick inspection shows - and if it's survived extended trailerbike duties it's probably a good-un!!

That sheer fact that it's emblazoned with Mint Sauce stickers means it's a good 'un ;)

Nice stuff, always fancied one of these Cannondale(s) - unfussy, workhorse steeds.

Now that you have finished your big reunion and all that just getting the bike, when will we see it back as new.

thanks andy

any123":2dn4o1li said:
Now that you have finished your big reunion and all that just getting the bike, when will we see it back as new.

thanks andy

Dunno - I have 3 frames that need painting now! I need a powder coating booth for Christmas really... :-D

Rob Atkin":28yek2p0 said:
any123":28yek2p0 said:

thanks andy

Dunno - I have 3 frames that need painting now! I need a powder coating booth for Christmas really... :-D

ohoooo you know you will get in trouble for respraying a frame and not buying it NOS LoL

thanks andy

ps you gonna be rocking the final round at cannock the place of doom

any123":2782402n said:
Rob Atkin":2782402n said:
any123":2782402n said:

thanks andy

ohoooo you know you will get in trouble for respraying a frame and not buying it NOS LoL

thanks andy

ps you gonna be rocking the final round at cannock the place of doom

I think I'll get away with it....

Can't make it to Cannock, only 3 days off for Xmas so wouldn't be in my wife's good books to go off on my bike for one of them...

Back