A Block'eads guide to.....

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Please can someone tell me again how to show /post pictures onto topics from flickr onto a thread on this forum.Try as i might :evil: :roll:
Direct with out http.... :oops:

I know it's easy if you know how{Any one else remember that TV show...
HOW }:?: :!: :LOL:

well you can add them as an attachment by clicking 'add attachment' when writing a message,

you click 'add attachment', then you choose the file image (less than 250mbs) once selected it will show as chosen so you click 'add attachment', i think you can only have 4 per message though

the other way which i now prefer is to upload all pics to flikr, then i just write what i want, then copy the image code from flikr, then carry on writing, this way you can add a lot of pictures in one post which i think is easier. it also means you don't have to resize images to less than 250mbs.

hope that helps

Here is my blockhead-friendly idiot-guide.... it works for me..

Helps to have two tabs open in your browser... the one where the picture is, (flickr), and the one where you're trying to get it, (the text-box that comes up here when you press 'new topic' or 'post reply')

Over here, press the 'img' button above the text-box, which will then appear in the text-box, then click on the other tab in your browser to go to the picture.

Over there:

right-click on the image you are after.

left-click on 'properties'

left-click on the end of 'Address (URL)' which will scroll to the end of the address, usually 'JPG'

left-click and hold down, move mouse leftwards to highlight entire address

right-click on highlighted address

left-click on 'copy'

Now you can return to the other browser tab.. left-click to bring you back here.

in the text-box, left-click to get the cursor just after the (if it's not there already) once it is there, right-click, and then left-click on 'paste'...

The URL of the image should appear. If it does, left-click on the 'img' button above the text-box again (which now says; '/img' or something like that).. This should then appear after the URL in the text-box..

That's about it... If you press 'preview', you should see your picture.

Yeah I remember 'How?'.. :)

Thank you both for the guide.I will try once more....
Nasa .......tracking station......object is a computer.....launched from the Derby area......

curious, when I pasted the embed img code from photo bucket you get a picture, when I do the same with Flickr it just copies the code...

DSCF0464_zps32a7f212.jpg

Ahh...My pics ain't actually on flickr.. I assumed that what worked for me would be 'globally applicable'... A dangerous assumption! :? :?

Latest posts

Back