Ride Suggestions for 2013

Any one know any good routes around Otley/Pateley Bridge area ?

I was also thinking of running the Ravenscar ride again in January

Any thoughts ??

ravenscar probably a good idea, dry tracks. very welcome with all this rain we're having, more to come apparently. thumbs up from me for ravenscar railway.

I don't know any routes around otley but fairly sure there is some routes over that way featured in a book i have kicking around.

howardian hills has got my attention, just doing some studying on the area. i will let you know how i get on. ;)

kaya":1hwx8qy3 said:
Any one know any good routes around Otley/Pateley Bridge area ?

I was also thinking of running the Ravenscar ride again in January

Any thoughts ??

Few short routes round Ilkley Moor / Otley but it's hard to link them up. Loads of riding round Patley and the Nidd Valley so I'm told but I've not really checked it out yet. I know Stif in Summerbridge have a few test routes around there so could be worth asking?

Happy to sort out a Skipton/Malham/Bolton Abbey type route if needed?

FluffyChicken":15itxdhi said:
Nice cafe in Patrington to the west side.
The south of there is a holiday park 'Patrington Haven' where Echoes Foundation (a disability charity) and Dove House Hospice (people soon to die charity) have caravans. Stayed there last year. so went down some of the back roads. Quite nice down near the Humber there.

We're on a Ride on Sunday on the opposite side, looking back across to Paull :)

Paull has Fort Paull Museum and could time it with some event there.

Chris, just done a search on Route11 - Hull... nothing came up but did find a chap mapping Hull and the area for OpenStreetMap. The few posts I've read are quite interesting, think I might end up skimming through all the posts to see what he found of trails and things. Cycle related too.
http://chris-osm.blogspot.co.uk/

My father-in-law lives at that holiday park - very nice it is as well!

It is very flat and boring round there but it's be a nice ride as a gently saunter chatting along the way...

I've an idea for one round Swinsty an Blubberhouses Moor (just north of Otley) but it's not been dry enough to reccy it yet !
Matthew

Matthews":wxii6g9r said:
I've an idea for one round Swinsty an Blubberhouses Moor (just north of Otley) but it's not been dry enough to reccy it yet !
Matthew

nice one matthew. not dry enough to do anything just lately. i keep seeing small lakes and ponds where, last week there wasn't one :? ;).

ah well, done me last shift for this year! gonna get plumped up on turkey and stuffing butties, toblerone and whatever booze i can lay my hands on :cool:

feet up and go through some route guides for a few days, thats my life for the next week. :)

Matthews":lq95dpxy said:
Matthew

I know there's bridalways in and out of Fewston Res but never checked them out. This whole area needs exploring.

brocklanders023":8ygyk0p0 said:
Matthews":8ygyk0p0 said:
Matthew

I know there's bridalways in and out of Fewston Res but never checked them out. This whole area needs exploring.

Just what I was thinking as I've only ridden at Stainburn and there looks to be some good riding round there.. ?

Back