FS: 1976 Carlton (Worksop) Handbuilt 23" Road Bike £300

Frame

Date:I'd worked it out to June 1976, saying the forks/frame is bent is "trolling" and the BB is a new sealed unit from shimano, or did you mean the BB shell? If so no .
Lets learn the correct identification of which part is which IE BB or Shell before we try to tell people that they don't know owt about dating frames.
Grandmother and suck eggs spring to mind. ;)

You lot are such fun,and your all gonna have nowt to do over xmas but post negative stuff on here, I might put the price up if it's gonna be this much grief. :(

i think shaun means the bottom bracket shell .

and you think this forum is hard you ought to try some of the london based ones

either way its a nice looking bike , you could always remove wheel and place a spirit level across the back or front of both fork blades it will soon show if one of them is out of align or not .

Frame

I put a spirit level on it before I stripped it mate, that's how I know, but anyone wanting a photo just email me and it's yours, WH for June 76, I put the number into the frame ID finder and that's where I got the date from but I can't remember the number now and I've lost the jpeg, and the coating is so thick (good point) you can't make it out now and I'm not removing the coating on the shell just to prove something I know and am guaranteeing.

Like I said, it's a genuine sale, you lot get paranoid too easily but I can understand it.

Thanks for saying it's nice, I love it but I always use my CX hybrid for work/comute/road so I have no use for it and would like it to get used as they need regular work to turn the bearings and lube the races as we all know.

Seems to have allen key bolts for the brakes....not sure they were available in 1976........

Shaun

Frame

Now let's settle this: Tha fram no was checked on the Carlton dating site and came in as JUNE 1976,
So either they did allen key mounts or the Carlton website is wrong and everyone who has used it is incorrect about their bikes?

Which is the most likely (no brainer).

Next
C'mon bring it girls.....!

Yawn, frame and forks guaranteed, if you read it on the Internet then it must be true, or could it be a special. No SB prefix though.
It's of to eBay and thanks for all you help.
LOL
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

I've got a Rossie up for refurb and it pre dates the Carlton by 3 years and that has Allen key brake mounts, not so clever now are we?

Back