What's up in the UK?

Its not a discussion.
Its you apparently standing up for someone who is accused of rape.
And everybody else not quite understanding why you would do such a thing and as a result getting a bit little frustrated/annoyed.
Can you explain why?

Highlandsflyer, it seems indeed you can use 'they' to refer to an unknown singular entity such as 'the original poster'. I wasn't aware of that, this lead me to interpret it as a generalization. My bad.

highlandsflyer":2baclgo8 said:
Back to English lessons for you, not that you are the sort who embraces learning.

I hope this is some sort of joke.:LOL: I don't embrace learning? Why would you even assume that? I could easily say the same about you, but such phrases are rather hollow and of little meaning. Can you speak or write in another language than English? I am curious.

The reference to Belgian Bun was nothing more than a joke referencing the link to Bun Fight threads.
Yes, I took this as a joke.

Now go and have a Merry Small Minded Christmas.
I could say exactly the same to you, yet I don't. This is just name calling, and requires me to distrust your statement of 'not being a twelve year old'.
That's a joke, you sensitive feller. Can you take it? :LOL: ;)

You have indicated in this very thread your reticence to learn.

Why did you not post a thread asking what the UK thinks about Assange, if you wanted a serious discussion?

I have lived in several countries in the world, and speak several languages with varying degrees of fluency.

Not for a second am I criticizing your superb English, I merely pointed out a misinterpretation key to your point, in defence of mine.

There is a huge difference between having a great sense of humour, and feeling the need to take everything as a joke.

Something very similar to what Assange has admitted doing was done to a person very close to me a few years ago.

Purely on the basis of that, and the way he spoke about it, he is scum.

He has also spoken of women in ways that lost favour here in the 1920s.

You don't want to support your assertions, so there is limited mileage in attempting to engage with you on this topic.

There are plenty of sites where tinfoil hat wearing types are spinning their tales about the likes of Assange and overlooking his faults.

This is no port in that storm.

This site is full of hard outdoor loving cycle warriors.

We will have no trouble here.

If you have a problem with that, take it to Herman Achille Van Rompuy.

He can suck on it.

Merry Christmas Once Again!

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3c2nszj5 said:
Its not a discussion.
Its you apparently standing up for someone who is accused of rape.
And everybody else not quite understanding why you would do such a thing and as a result getting a bit little frustrated/annoyed.
Can you explain why?

1) 'Discussion' is perhaps not the best word for it, maybe 'argument' is better?
1)He hasn't been accused of rape. The exact accusations don't even come close to rape.
2)Maybe it's good for some people to be a bit frustrated/annoyed by it. I think this only points out that there's more to this issue than they're willing to admit, perhaps even to themselves.
3)I understand that this topic is controversial in some sense. Certainly when posted on a UK, USA or Australian based forum. If posted anywhere else, or simply on an international 'forum' such as youtube you see quite opposite reactions than the ones generated here. Can you explain that to me? Why is there such a dichotomy between the UK, USA, the aussies and the rest of the world? I've only seen Brits, Americans and Aussies wishing for Assange's death, while the rest of the world more or less glorifies him.
Isn't that awkward?

We don't do death here no matter how much of a naughty boy you are.

Maybe other areas of the planet are a bit/lot more complacent about sexual assault, personally it appauls me hence my confusion at you jumping to his defence.

If he goes to court and is found not guilty then great, until then he is what seems to be a guilty man on the run.

I'm assuming you think he didn't do it? I'm hoping you don't think he did do what he is accused of, but its ok??

highlandsflyer":1wdq4bix said:
You have indicated in this very thread your reticence to learn.
From my point of view you might have indicated this too. Hollow phrase. Besides, what is there to learn? Enlighten me.

Why did you not post a thread asking what the UK thinks about Assange, if you wanted a serious discussion?
I have stated before why I started the thread the way I did. Maybe this was in bad taste, according to some of you. But now that it's started anyway, we might chat a little, no?

I have lived in several countries in the world, and speak several languages with varying degrees of fluency.
Great, something that probably sets you apart in Britain, as numbers indicate (it's not just a prejudice ;) ).

Not for a second am I criticizing your superb English, I merely pointed out a misinterpretation key to your point, in defence of mine.
I know this now, you rightfully did so.

Something very similar to what Assange has admitted doing was done to a person very close to me a few years ago.
Julian Assange hasn't admitted much. I assume that that person close to you has been sexually assaulted, which is of course horrible. No sane person could think otherwise. It is a horrible crime and it can never be tolerated. I am sorry to hear about it.

Purely on the basis of that, and the way he spoke about it, he is scum.

He has also spoken of women in ways that lost favour here in the 1920s.
I've never heard him say anything that I interpreted in that way. I'd really like to learn (pun intended) about these statements. Can you help me? (I can't find much at first hand, it's a jungle out there when it comes to Assange.:? )

You don't want to support your assertions, so there is limited mileage in attempting to engage with you on this topic.
Again I could say the same about you.

There are plenty of sites where tinfoil hat wearing types are spinning their tales about the likes of Assange and overlooking his faults.
There are also sites around with people denying all the good Wikileaks has done, calling for the death of Assange and refusing to go into the details of the 'rape'-accusations. In sheer numbers the 'tin foil hatters' are winning though.:LOL:

This is no port in that storm.
waves hand slowly

This site is full of hard outdoor loving cycle warriors.
waves hand again

We will have no trouble here.
stops waving hand - Jedi mind trick complete

Sorry 'bout that.:oops:

If you have a problem with that, take it to Herman Achille Van Rompuy.

He can suck on it.

Who's this Van Rompuy dude? He seems to have the charisma of a damp rag to me.;)

Merry Christmas To You Again Too!

highlandsflyer":16tn61n5 said:
I have stated before why I started the thread the way I did. Maybe this was in bad taste, according to some of you. But now that it's started anyway, we might chat a little,no?[/quote]

NO. I'm not going to humour you anymore. :xmas-big-grin:

I think if there was a declaration that no extradition would be applied against Assange whilst in Sweden then he would have no issue facing the false charges.

Back