Bici D'Epoca - Italian classic bike history, events and sale

Kevin Mayne

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I was visiting an Italian bike fair in Padua this year when I came across a stall by Bici D'Epoca which had a lot of gear for sale plus some great exhibits including Coppi's 1954 World Championship Bianchi.

I haven't found any links to them from English language sites so I thought I would put something on my blog as part of a general post about the subject of retro bikes

http://wp.me/p24ZdP-q3

Also has a link to the excellent retro bike cafe in Vienna.

I have zoomed in on the signature on the jersey and it would be very hard to make it say Tafi, looks like a B on the surname

Italian Champions Jersey

My guess is that the Italian Champions jersey originates from 2000 when Michele Bartoli rode for Mapei and won the Italian road race championship. Colnago sponsored Mapei teams from1995 through 2002.

The rainbow jersey must be Giuseppe Saronni's from 1982 when Colnago started their sponsorship of Del Tongo.

Colnagolover

Here is a closer view of the jerseys.

That's what I like about this forum - where else would this be of interest!

Attachments

• Epoca Jerseys.jpg
    Epoca Jerseys.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 363
Re: Italian Champions Jersey

colnagolover":3gctbjq1 said:
My guess is that the Italian Champions jersey originates from 2000 when Michele Bartoli rode for Mapei and won the Italian road race championship. Colnago sponsored Mapei teams from1995 through 2002.

The rainbow jersey must be Giuseppe Saronni's from 1982 when Colnago started their sponsorship of Del Tongo.

Colnagolover

taffi and bettini also rode there at the same time,my money is still on bettini :D

Back