Whats on your walkman ?

jacks2ts

Old School Hero
Ilike nothing better than riding plug in to my walkman "F##K THE I POD"As i do find music helps me out . You know on the hill thats going to make your lungs hang out on to your bars when you get to the top .So i thought i'd lay down my top 5 and see what you, think coming in at 5:- Underworld Born slippy , at 4 Goldie ,Innercity life . at 3 The Pouges Feasta , at 2 The Cramps Surfing bird and the top of the shop The Cramps Garbage man . These tune see me through the good & the bad , i stay away from the ugly . :!: :!: :!:

What's on my walkman?

About five boxes of rubbish in the spare room....

Have a walkman collection. Some of the 'super' walkman's from the eighties and ninties all boxed up and not playing things. :D

Im with you Jack!

Walkmans are the way forward. ;)

My Top 5 Walkman faves:-

Smashing pumpkins, 1979

Dead Kennedys, Police truck

The Chamelions, Dont fall

Jesus built my hotrod, Ministry

Monkey gone to heaven, Pixies

Welcome to you,and you good taste! Cheers,Al

Hmmm... don't have a walkman anymore. Tossed it away a few weeks ago, funny this comes up now. Had one of those "ultra-slim" Aiwa models. Can't recall what model that was. Before that I had one of those big yellow Sony Sports walkmans (nicked it from my older sister when she no longer used it because of CDs).

I don't use a walkman anymore when riding, had too many accidents ;-) Always had some Sepultura, Slayer and Atrocity on mine. Not really a top five, but I can tell you that's the kind of music that got me to the top of the hill :twisted:

Nowadays I'm more into Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada and Autechre to name a few. Yeah I got a weird little man just like that :cool:

PS: Also love Underworld btw

Void(EN12-82)

Dead kennedeys a true retro clasic myself i love holiday in cambodia it just reminds me of my old school yoof disco . iNTERESTED in the a walkman sports if theres one going.

No Walkman on bike ride, sorry but the iPod Nano is the best since it has no moving parts and does not skip of sound jittery.

Wu-Tangled, As for Walkmans, those ultra slim metal bodied ones get quite a bit of money on eBay if they still work or even used for parts.

I sold a non-working Sony Credit Card FM Radio last year for $80 USD. I was about to throw it in the trash and then it dawned on me to check eBay and noticed people were paying good money for the nicer Sony Walkmans / Discmans from the late 80's / early 90's...Luckily I keep all my pictures....

Buyer knew it was non-working and still was very happy to get it...

Attachments

• Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,626
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,626
I use my blackberry pearl for music and to top it all I can post on retrobike from it as well. Its got some poison motly crue on it as well as Newton Faulkner and the greatful dead. Posted from a Mcdonalds on the A3 !

I don't bother with any of this stuff when I'm out on the bike (or walking or working for that matter). I think (for me) it would detract from the whole experience of being out in the forests and mountains.
Besides, I can conjure up whatever music I feel like in my head anyway - like in the MMBC End to End last year I (for some reason !!) couldn't get "Camarillo Brillo" out of my head :cool: . Could have been worse, of course - it might just as easily have been some crap I'd heard on the radio the day before......

use a small cheap mp3 player as id break owt expensive but i useally listen to rage against the machine,beastie boys,iron maiden and also oldskool house/rave/techno all depending on mood and trail :D

Back