Brodie

Nice project there. Nos Ss5.. They do exist. I found some on eBay hiding under the bmx crowd, from a bike shop in Lanarkshire, if I rem right. Have had two sets of them in my time but can't find him online any more.

Good luck with your hunt. Rem ss5 can also be salvaged, as they can be stripped apart and rubbed down. I sold on tatty set to another member who rubbed them down and then had the levers sprayed the same as the frame. Look really good.

Good luck with the Brodie build.

hi
i'm using a 27.0 seatpost with a pop can shim.
i'd have to say mine takes a 27.2.
but i'd check to make sure before dashing off and buying one.
hope this helps.
merry christmas
roy

My 94 takes a 27.2

nelly":2d0x571v said:
Powder-coating locally with be between £70 and £100 - also there is very little choice of colours. I am going for either racing or possibly NATO green.....will do the sums, but I fancy giving it a try.......air brushing is also an option.

Parts wise I am on the hunt for some NOS Diacompe SS5 levers...if anyone spots any can you let me know?

I would have a got at Airbrushing it yourself, a Compressor and half decent handset is no dearer that a good Powder coat and you would still have the kit for another day.
You would also get a finer finish and some of the top quality anti rust paints, such as Teamac etc come in a vast range and are available in versions that are self priming-bare to metal application.

I have a NOS Kinetic with the same fork, which came from Germany. Not sure that these later models came into the UK directly.

posting interest as this looks like a great project, lots of work stripping and painting and having stripped a frame I would prob recommend the Powder coat route too but fill your boots ;)

Nice frame.

I used to work @ SJS, you should have asked them to size the seat tube & maybe even have it coated for you, the local powder coaters they use now is exceptionally good.

Good luck with the build anyway.

There was a gorgeous brown Brodie epsresso on here not that long ago, the paint job was lush (and I don't use the term 'lush' very often!).

Back