What's up in the UK?

simply put...he feels the law only applies to others ...hence skipping bail..i would imagine those who bailed him out feel used ...great way to treat your friends...makes him a knxb in my book

highlandsflyer":3qw2s3zs said:
in a rather patronizing manner
Look who's talking. You were the first to mention my nationality as if it's even relevant where I'm from, immediately generalizing all Belgians to have the same opinion as me with your "they". I took no offense of this, instead I joined you in your own style, and now you call me patronizing? Oh the irony. I can appreciate some joking around (or even lots of joking around), but when people resort to calling people 'tin foil hatters' and expressing silly prejudices without being able to take a joke themselves I find them to come across rather silly.
There are many common prejudices against the British, none of which I have mentioned. Why not? Because they are irrelevant to the topic.

why don't you explain your point of view in detail?
I don't see why I have to give my full world view, I could ask exactly the same of you.

I am interested in how you arrived at the following conclusions as you have stated them. Perhaps you could explain exactly what you mean, and how you arrived at your summation?

Bram J":3qw2s3zs said:
2) Assange is subject to character assassination.
3) The allegations are completely ridiculous.

2) http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brend ... ole-world/
If this is not character assassination, then what is?

3) "The" tweet among other things.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... story.html

The internet is full of this stuff. You can go on your own soul-searching trip if you want.

Picking and choosing particular media articles which only support a certain point of view is hardly credible evidence of innocence. The only place this should be determined is a court of law, which Assange seems to be sh*t scared of doing, wonder why?

I love that you are trying to prove some sort of credability by quoting from the most laughable newspaper in the UK. Genius :LOL:

On a side note. I am write in saying that you only(the OP) started this thread in an attempt to provoke a 'response' and now that you have succeeded you are moaning about it?? You funny little fella :roll:

Bram J":3sqoklim said:
highlandsflyer":3sqoklim said:
in a rather patronizing manner
You were the first to mention my nationality as if it's even relevant where I'm from, immediately generalizing all Belgians to have the same opinion as me with your "they".

'They' refers to you, the OP, in singular. Not all the people of Belgium, many of whom are reasonable and sane.

Back to English lessons for you, not that you are the sort who embraces learning.

The reference to Belgian Bun was nothing more than a joke referencing the link to Bun Fight threads.

Now go and have a Merry Small Minded Christmas.

retrocomeback":2uyixks2 said:
Picking and choosing particular media articles which only support a certain point of view is hardly credible evidence of innocence. The only place this should be determined is a court of law, which Assange seems to be sh*t scared of doing, wonder why?
Extradition.

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1jfo935j said:
I love that you are trying to prove some sort of credability by quoting from the most laughable newspaper in the UK. Genius :LOL:

On a side note. I am write in saying that you only(the OP) started this thread in an attempt to provoke a 'response' and now that you have succeeded you are moaning about it?? You funny little fella :roll:

1) I am not very familiar with what are considered 'good' or 'bad' newspapers in the UK, I have other newspapers to read over here.;) I don't even care what you consider to be a good newspaper. To me it's about the content of these particular articles. If you have problems with the content of these, I would like to hear more about that.:)

2) I did start the thread like that. That was the short part where I didn't say so much. Then I was asked more explanation, so I gave some. That's when the discussion started. I don't see me complaining about the venomous comments I had predicted.

Back