LOOK KG 86, La Vie Claire Team

I absolutely love that bike.. I cant take my eyes off it...! Its made my day as well ....

I am depressed today as I am at work.. The sun is blazing down, The Tour de Conemara Sportif is on and Bernard Hinault (The Badger) is a guest rider..

Id love to go up to Clifden with a La Vie Claire jersey on that bike and see what he thinks... Id say you would make his day ...

Or he would box the ears off you and take it back..... :shock:

Thanks for that Boy... Stunning..

VanhireBoys":1devsi9s said:
I absolutely love that bike.. I cant take my eyes off it...! Its made my day as well ....

I am depressed today as I am at work.. The sun is blazing down, The Tour de Conemara Sportif is on and Bernard Hinault (The Badger) is a guest rider..

Id love to go up to Clifden with a La Vie Claire jersey on that bike and see what he thinks... Id say you would make his day ...

Or he would box the ears off you and take it back..... :shock:

Thanks for that Boy... Stunning..

Thank you for your very kind comments. Yea maybe I should start to get the jerseys to go with the frames.
Chris

stringfellow1946: Do you have any photos of the '86 La Vie Claire team carbon bikes? I want to repaint a vintage TVT in those colors and am looking for the layout, colors and sticker/decal placement. Thanks.

Walter":fgefsxk5 said:
stringfellow1946: Do you have any photos of the '86 La Vie Claire team carbon bikes? I want to repaint a vintage TVT in those colors and am looking for the layout, colors and sticker/decal placement. Thanks.
Hi Walter The La Vie Claire team carbon bikes bikes are just the plain carbon weave no paint. Just check the photos I have posted. But they were made by TVT.
The one I have is based around the 1987 version when they changed from campagnolo to Shimano. The 1986 ones used the C-record groupset & I think they were either 753 Steel or silver painted carbon frames. Check greg lemond on google & see if there are any photos of the 1986 team bike.
Hope this helps.

stringfellow1946":3blfmbbm said:
Walter":3blfmbbm said:
Hi Walter The La Vie Claire team carbon bikes bikes are just the plain carbon weave no paint. Just check the photos I have posted. But they were made by TVT.
The one I have is based around the 1987 version when they changed from campagnolo to Shimano. The 1986 ones used the C-record groupset & I think they were either 753 Steel or silver painted carbon frames. Check greg lemond on google & see if there are any photos of the 1986 team bike.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input. I had thought the '86 cf bikes were black exposed weave tubes (like in '87), but the closer I look at the photos (some attached), the more I think you are correct and that they are silver painted (like the steel frames). I am trying to find some good side photos to be able to duplicate the paint job and decal placement...

Attachments

• 86_hinualt_lemond.jpg
    86_hinualt_lemond.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 19861302.jpg
    19861302.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • tumblr_lshx7bTCOz1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lshx7bTCOz1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,226
Walter":3r6b26ke said:
stringfellow1946":3r6b26ke said:
Walter":3r6b26ke said:
Hope this helps.

Walter check these out
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... Vie-Claire

http://www.cycleexif.com/look-la-vie-claire

This is an interesting Thread
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/259758/w ... -victories

Thanks for the input. I had thought the '86 cf bikes were black exposed weave tubes (like in '87), but the closer I look at the photos (some attached), the more I think you are correct and that they are silver painted (like the steel frames). I am trying to find some good side photos to be able to duplicate the paint job and decal placement...

Are these bikes relatively rare? I purchased one in about 1987 and only rode it locally. I was not a professional or even on a local team, but I did sponsor a large local race for 4 years. The Oklahoma Retailers Classic brought in several pro teams and that was what prompted me to buy a high end bike. It now sits in my garage with multiple gears and wheels. Any information as to it's value would be greatly appreciated. By the way, mine is not painted and is made with the beautiful woven carbon fiber. When possible, I'll take some pictures of it.

Back