Sunday 23rd December - Welton (East Yorks) Aftermath Pg 2

600mg of Ibuprofen and some Temazepam will get you riding.

Just been asked to work out a not quite as muddy is it might be route.
And I have an idea, of course a bit of playing around more road than usual taking in some urban areas. But the water is standing and in muddy puddles, so hopping to leave to splish, splash fun until the last stretch back.
It does mean we have to eat in a cafe and have coffee though.

All the rain should have passed and it should be 'dry from the sky'.

Now the little un's is a problem, it's looking more and more likely that I'll be a no show. She's been puking for over 8 hours and has a temperature. Looks like a trip to the late night quacks. Poor little thing.

Looks like it's on for me, just getting my gear ready now. I'd planned to ride my rigid Kona Explosif but our lass reminded me that my back has been bad recently. I'll be riding the FSR-XC, I seem to be getting steered towards full suspension all the more nowadays ppppffft.

We turned up and then went on a nice road ride like I was told to put on.
Apparently roads don't have woods around them, paths falling into the Humber, flooded parks and the trails so muddy with headwinds that make you crawl along (or get off as some did and walk past you).

I was then shown what a road ride should have been like as we passed the cars once again, went 200yrds down the road, with the locals in their cars staring at us, then we pop in to the pub for a drink, food and banter.
Eventually finish and head back to the cars.

Well you learn something every day ;)

:LOL:

Where's those pics Ben ;)

I did mention that that valley bottom might be slightly damp.

A nice ride despite the mud though and much better than sitting in front of the tv for another day.

Nice to come home with a cleaner bike than I started with thanks to the magical degreasing properties of Welton duck pind :D

Oh and it was very nice to meet Neil too, I hope you will become a regular mate!

Nice bike too ;)

Unfortunately just couldn't afford the time today. Had to go and do some shopping (8am) then fit in 3 hours study before family stuff.

It sounds like it was good fun. Hopefully I should make the next one, assuming I can get in a decent amount of study in the next few days.

Back