Retro Ronde 2013

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Looks like next year's event is on 26 May, a bit earlier than before. Is anyone thinking of going - especially from up this way?

I'm determined to go before it's to late!

Keep up to date with the website (which is currently showing loads of photos from this year but no full details yet of next year apart from the date) -

http://www.crvv.be/en/museum/activities/retroronde

Registrations now open for 40,70 and the new 100 Km event

Also a kermesse in the streets of Oudenaarde the night before for extra fun

Very tempted - we had an excellent time watching Boonen win in Oudenaarde this year. Will consult with my Black Ops team...

mrkawasaki":fzapr1xo said:
Very tempted - we had an excellent time watching Boonen win in Oudenaarde this year. Will consult with my Black Ops team...

Keep me in the loop. This is in my Bucket List......................

Tempting now that there is a 100km option plus the crit the evening before. The dansant is less appealing.

I'm not quite sure of the route though - the Taaienberg and Oude Kwaremont (and the mysterious sounding 'rampe') but no Koppenberg or Paterberg? If not perhaps as well - winching up those while having to gamble on a) getting straps toe crushingly tight to avoid pulling feet out; or b) not being able to get feet out at all as someone in front stalls sounds pretty tricky and probably best left for the day after when it is quieter.

Reading the rules, a wool jersey is essential but I'm not sure whether the bibshorts also have to be woolen, if so then chafing heaven.

Right, let's see if those tubs hold air.......

The course is only inspired by the RVV... it instead goes trough back lanes and less celebrated cobbles stretches. There was even a footpath in 2012. It is a truly beautiful event, with a unique atmosphere, which comes with a 10 pounds entry fee, that even you stingy people can afford.
Of course it makes sense to make it into a weekend, especially as that's a bank holiday weekend in the UK. Oudenaarde is the heart of the Flanders and a trip to the Koppenberg, Paterberg, Molenberg and down to Gerardsbergen for the Muur are due. There are permanently singed rings that one can do the day before/after

ededwards":3deus4z4 said:
Tempting now that there is a 100km option plus the crit the evening before.

Never know what a 'crit' was - unless it's the Judge picking holes in my bicycles of course...

Latest posts

Back