Pinarello Asolo 1996-Updated with pics on 2nd page 5/7/13

Damm this forum is an expensive habit!
Thing is I cannot ride the Italian stallion in its native(ish) environment wearing a Japanese gimp suit can I? So ill run the aforementioned gimp suit all winter then do a summer time campag gruppo rebuild in time for etape domination. Btw she tips the scales at 22 lbs 7 oz as pictured which is respectable ish but more than I thought.

Lovely

Lovely looking build, really smart.
It just looks right, a classy machine.

And who doesn't love an Italian in a gimp suite............did I just say that out loud? :shock:

Jamie

If you do stay with Shimano ( the bike looks perfect to my eyes, you can fit a 38 inner ring, I did that on a bike i ride over the moors, and I just picked up a 12-28 7 speed freewheel so that's a really good ( if not close ) spread of gears.
My Daccordi has 9 speed Veloce which i really love...

Very cool bike! Also like the way the 600 group look like a lot. Much better than the 600 with STI's.

Modern Shimano groupsets look pretty awful on classic steel frame IMHO, so I would go with a Campy groupset. You could also keep the 600 groupset and throw on a classic looking compact crankset. Bar end shifters are great to use, but you will get used to down tube shifters too.

Re: Pinarello Asolo 1996

So just packing the pinarello into the bike bag en route to annecy for the etape. Its undergone an overhaul-swapped shimano to campag groupset(2012 Veloce) and some rather nice campag record hubs on mavic open pro wheels-sooooo smooth, believe the hype about these hubs, total work of art and the freehub sound is beautiful. Not a period restoration, but a very capable bike. Already been to the alps with her and the handling is sublime, up and down. 110mile training ride recently and its sooo comfortable.
Unfortunately its also for sale as soon as im back from annecy. new projects, no money all the usual reasons. would like to sell as complete bike but almost inevitably will end up splitting. PM for details or keep an eye on the classifieds.

9217511632_7bb26641a2_c.jpg

9214742665_478fec2767_c.jpg

9217522196_3cc8279227_c.jpg

9214748819_36ea264c09_c.jpg

Re: Pinarello Asolo 1996-Updated with pics on 2nd page 5/7/1

hi , i like the way the hoods.h bar tape and rims go well with the rolls buffalo.It just looks so balanced !

Re: Pinarello Asolo 1996-Updated with pics on 2nd page 5/7/1

now sold :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
on the plus side new owners going to put a c record gruppo with deltas etc on it so a happy ending.
still got a 2012 veloce groupset and record titanium hubs on mavic open pros for sale on ebay-special prices available for rb members.

Back