To Sell or Not to Sell

cs1

Dirt Disciple
I keep thinking about selling off my vintage bikes and buying a nice new modern 29er. But every time I look at all my little babbies I just can't bare to get rid of them.

...and here was me thinking the 29er was stone dead, killed by a crushing new demand for the 650b! :LOL:

I guess it depends whether you're thinking of selling ornamental bikes, or functional ones?

sell enough to pay for a 29er and keep the rest or keep them and just buy a 29er?

sylus":fft5g4jy said:
keep them and just buy a 29er?

I did this :cool:

However, I then decided the garage was a mess and have decided to keep just 2 working retro bikes and one project, riding a 29er makes you realise how twitchy a retro mtb is (and slow) but I wouldn't sell all of them.

Well I have an 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 and a 92 Stumpjumper. Plus assorted parts bikes. It's a lot easier to get them stateside than in the UK. Let's face it, vintage bikes are great. Compared to modern suspension bikes they are not quite as good riding. They do make killer urban bikes.

do you REALLY think a forum dedicated to................................... Errmm RETRO BIKES is the right place to be asking this question :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

Back