Wheel rim tape

sylus

Old School Grand Master
Night time riding ..spesh here in the states where they haven't banned buffoons in cars with mobiles..is enlightening to say the least

so to reduce the smidsy possibility I'm looking for reflective white rim tape..anyone know where to get some from?

u.k. or u.s. sources

It's moulded into the tyres - try Schwalbe Marathons which have a reflective commuter version.

Also, those LED valve caps work really well!

Get some 3M Diamond Grade reflective tape: http://www.3mdirect.co.uk/c-785-reflective-tape-vehicle-conspicuity.aspx, you can buy short lengths on Ebay.

Here's my "commuter" resplendant in more reflective stuff than you can shake a stick at:

CB3.jpg

The really bright white tape on the frame is 3M Diamond. It also has some Schwalbe tyres with reflective stripes, but they get quite dirty, so the benefit is somewhat limited.

xerxes":381luaxa said:
Get some 3M Diamond Grade reflective tape: http://www.3mdirect.co.uk/c-785-reflective-tape-vehicle-conspicuity.aspx, you can buy short lengths on Ebay.

Here's my "commuter" resplendant in more reflective stuff than you can shake a stick at:

CB3.jpg

The really bright white tape on the frame is 3M Diamond. It also has some Schwalbe tyres with reflective stripes, but they get quite dirty, so the benefit is somewhat limited.

Please, are those said Schwalbe Marathons? Thanks

edit: Just noticed :oops: !
Reason I asked was that even as dirty as tyres in this time of year are. Strip is still good visible,which was mine main concern.

xerxes":2gv0xs1l said:
Please, are those said Schwalbe Marathons? Thanks

Yes, Schwalbe Marathon Plus, heavy, but have yet to have a puncture. :D

Perhaps I shouldn't say that. :?

Hmm last time I had "puncture" was on road (on MTB) while riding I looked back to make space for speeding car and "luckily" with rear tyre I hit bit of cast iron (200g, next day i took it with me,as it was still there) and that throw me little bit sideways. If that was front tyre... :shock: Another almost new tyre with nasty looking hole. I managed to repair that tyre, but after 5km walk. So for next times I have to take with me not only spare tube,but spare tyre also!

Back